Re: Apex Legends Stuttering after latest update

by II-MHB-II

Original Post

Re: Apex Legends unplayable on better specs

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

@PsyhiX69 

That is server/connection related, not PC related...

Message 141 of 160 (2,110 Views)

Re: Apex Legends unplayable on better specs

★★ Novice

Had this problem as well, but since I disabled Xbox Game Bar and Game Mode as somebody reported in this thread as well (Windows 10 - Settings - Gaming) it's as fluid as before.

Message 142 of 160 (2,007 Views)

★★★ Novice

I guess anyone with a new 3070/3080/3090 is out of luck then, the earliest driver that supports these cards is 452.38. Getting really frustrated at how bad it runs, last night I decided to run the game at 1080p instead of natively 1440p and it seems to help a little but the stutters still happen often.

Message 143 of 160 (1,697 Views)

Low CPU Usage randomly

★★ Novice

I've literally asked everywhere and not a single damn person has been able to help me, so I come crawling here for aid.

So, my apex legends was working...until it wasn't On the surface everything seems find and dandy, it all loads, and I queue for a match. But 15 seconds into the match starting, I start getting this crunching effect and my FPS takes a nosedive. I tested this in firing range, and while normally apex takes 40-80% of my cpu depending on what's going on, it starts taking 2% of my cpu during the crunch.

Why is this happening and how can I fix it? I haven't seen a single other post with a problem like this. This happens to me in literally no other game but this.I have a Intel Core i5-7300HQ, and even on titanfall, another origin bound game, this issue doesn't happen. If you need screenshots, im happy to provide. Just please...help would be amazing. It's really upsetting that out of the 6 forums i've asked, not a single one could provide a soulution. Everything you can think of, I've tried. Restarting the computer, Reinstalling, Verify Properties, updating all drivers, updating graphics cards...just everything man. Screenshots of CPU usage linked below.

Message 144 of 160 (1,640 Views)

★★ Guide

@CroL0co wrote:

@7empePL wrote:
@ON1MUSH4Yeah, I have the same observations. It seems that Reflex has introduce heavy stutter. I also rolled back to 452.06 and I use Low Latency Mode set to "ultra". However, if you use "ultra", you should not use +fps_max 141, because ultra low letency mode has embedded 138 fps cap for 144 Hz monitors. Use "+fps_max unlimited" to avoid triggering two overlapping FPS limiters (in-game's and nvidia's).

I can also confirm this, tried both 456.71 and 456.55 and I had stutters even though the FPS was great. After reverting the drivers to 452.06 the problem was fixed so I also suppose the problem is with Reflex implementation.

Are you sure that ultra low latency is capping the FPS? If that's the case I don't need to use the driver max framerate cap, gonna try it out.

Did anybody test this with drivers newer then 456.71, is the stutter with nvidia reflex still there?

Message 145 of 160 (1,518 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

I'm going to try the newest one (460.89), I'll report you later bro Standard smile

UPDATE: No way, stuttering still persist... If you take a loot at official nvidia web page there is a note about nvidia reflex (NOTE: Due to a bug, NVIDIA Reflex can not be disabled at this time. We will remove this note once the bug has been resolved.) You can search by yourself on google (first result): apex legends nvidia reflex

My opinion is: The Apex Legends game engine is not optimized well and it cause frametime spikes (commonly called stuttering), nvidia reflex provide to you the frames instantly, so you can notice the frametime spikes, if you use gsync + vsync is more noticeable than fixed refresh + no vsync.

I think we should wait a fix from Respawn Entertainment, I hope they let you decide if keep nvidia Reflex ON or switch it to OFF into main settings!
Also Nvidia could fix it by letting you disable Reflex by his control panel !!

Message 146 of 160 (1,462 Views)

★★ Guide

@ON1MUSH4 wrote:

I'm going to try the newest one (460.89), I'll report you later bro Standard smile

UPDATE: No way, stuttering still persist... If you take a loot at official nvidia web page there is a note about nvidia reflex (NOTE: Due to a bug, NVIDIA Reflex can not be disabled at this time. We will remove this note once the bug has been resolved.) You can search by yourself on google (first result): apex legends nvidia reflex

My opinion is: The Apex Legends game engine is not optimized well and it cause frametime spikes (commonly called stuttering), nvidia reflex provide to you the frames instantly, so you can notice the frametime spikes, if you use gsync + vsync is more noticeable than fixed refresh + no vsync.

I think we should wait a fix from Respawn Entertainment, I hope they let you decide if keep nvidia Reflex ON or switch it to OFF into main settings!
Also Nvidia could fix it by letting you disable Reflex by his control panel !!

Thx for the explanation bro! So basically if somebody owns an rtx 3000 card he is forced to play with stutter because even the oldest 3000 driver has reflex... This is just unacceptable.

Message 147 of 160 (1,376 Views)

Fps randomly drops and ping issues

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Good day! I have a problem in which I randomly get only 1/5 of my regular fps in the game and it stays there the entire game, I need to restart the game to get my original fps. Also why is it that when I select a data center my ping is displayed at only 60-80 ms but in game it's around 210-260ms?

Message 148 of 160 (1,334 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

that's right...sadly...
until nvidia releases a way to force it off by control panel, or Respawn adds an option in game.

Message 149 of 160 (1,332 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I have an RTX 3070 And Went through this same stutter issues My forum post is here.  https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/Visual-Glitches-and-Stuttering-in-game/m-p/9870492#M92515

I recommend using a DDU to do a clean install of the newest nvidia drivers.

"Lets try a config change: 

• navigate to C:\Users\*username*\Saved Games\Respawn\Apex\local
  • copy the videoconfig.txt to your desktop (so that you have backed up your settings and can restore them later if necessary)
  • open the videoconfig.txt in C:\Users\*username*\Saved Games\Respawn\Apex\local 
  • delete all
  • now copy and past this:
"VideoConfig"
{
"setting.cl_gib_allow" "0"
"setting.cl_particle_fallback_base" "-999999"
"setting.cl_particle_fallback_multiplier" "-999999"
"setting.cl_ragdoll_maxcount" "0"
"setting.cl_ragdoll_self_collision" "0"
"setting.mat_forceaniso" "0"
"setting.mat_mip_linear" "0"
"setting.stream_memory" "0"
"setting.mat_picmip" "4"
"setting.particle_cpu_level" "0"
"setting.r_createmodeldecals" "0"
"setting.r_decals" "0"
"setting.r_lod_switch_scale" "0.35"
"setting.shadow_enable" "0"
"setting.shadow_depth_dimen_min" "0"
"setting.shadow_depth_upres_factor_max" "0"
"setting.shadow_maxdynamic" "0"
"setting.ssao_enabled" "0"
"setting.ssao_downsample" "3"
"setting.dvs_enable" "0"
"setting.dvs_gpuframetime_min" "4167"
"setting.dvs_gpuframetime_max" "4084"
"setting.defaultres" "1920"
"setting.defaultresheight" "1080"
"setting.fullscreen" "1"
"setting.nowindowborder" "0"
"setting.volumetric_lighting" "0"
"setting.mat_vsync_mode" "0"
"setting.mat_backbuffer_count" "0"
"setting.mat_antialias_mode" "12"
"setting.csm_enabled" "0"
"setting.csm_coverage" "0"
"setting.csm_cascade_res" "512"
"setting.fadeDistScale" "1.000000"
"setting.dvs_supersample_enable" "0"
"setting.gamma" "1.000000"
"setting.configversion" "7"
"setting.modeldecals_forceAllowed" "-1"
}

• save the videoconfig.txt
  • right click on it, read only

Play apex, and tell me if it's better." -sick1click

Sick1click found this solution for me.  Apex no longer stuttered for me after this.  Although the video quality was poor.  I found In game I could turn the texture stream budgeting to medium and texture filtering to 2x. and I wouldn't stutter and the game graphics looked better but i wouldn't do that until you try it on those settings.

Message 150 of 160 (1,293 Views)