Re: Apex Legends Stuttering after latest update

by Faspera

Original Post

★★★ Apprentice

@EA_KentI want share my personal feedback, after a lot of tests, I can finally say that I fix the stuttering came with newest apex update, using 452.06 driver "and" UltraLowLatency mode (ULTRA) on the Nvidia Control Panel, with this launch command (+fps_max 141) I can play with the best smoothest, stutter free, input lag free experience. Before the new season I was playing with the same settings and recent nvidia drivers.
So I think maybe there is something bad with new implementation of nvidia reflex, please report it.

Message 51 of 160 (2,301 Views)

★ Guide
@ON1MUSH4 Yeah, I have the same observations. It seems that Reflex has introduce heavy stutter. I also rolled back to 452.06 and I use Low Latency Mode set to "ultra". However, if you use "ultra", you should not use +fps_max 141, because ultra low letency mode has embedded 138 fps cap for 144 Hz monitors. Use "+fps_max unlimited" to avoid triggering two overlapping FPS limiters (in-game's and nvidia's).
Message 52 of 160 (2,299 Views)

140+ fps feels like 30 ingame.

★★★★★ Apprentice

I really don't understand why this game is like this. I get constant frames over 140 (locked to 141) but the game plays like it is on 30. 

When an enemy is close to me I get an additional input lag where my mouse sensitivity feels twice as slow as it is.

IT IS ONLY THIS GAME

Message 53 of 160 (2,230 Views)

Re: 140+ fps feels like 30 ingame.

★★ Expert

It's the same for me I have my fps unlocked and when I am close to enemy team I start to move slowly like I am in the mud or water. Like there is input lag applied. I have had that since the beginning actually. My bet is that the engine is just poorly written and can't actually handle all these updates properly.

Message 54 of 160 (2,216 Views)

Re: 140+ fps feels like 30 ingame.

★★★★★ Apprentice

I just locked the game to 100 with rtss, put triple buffering on, and adaptive target to 100 fps. Also increased fov from 90 to 110. 

At least the game feels fast now. The close range slow is still there.

Message 55 of 160 (2,204 Views)

Sudden performance drop

★★★★ Novice

Product: Apex Legends
Platform:PC
Please specify your platform model. PC
AMD or Nvidia Model Number Nvidia GTX 950m
Enter RAM memory size in GB 16
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? Faspera
Please provide your squad mates' gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name if possible.
Are you using any software with an overlay? No
Which Legend were you playing (if applicable)?
Which Legends were your squad mates using (if applicable)?
Where did the issue occur? Loading into the match from the lobby
Which part of the map or menu were you in? If you don't remember the exact name, please describe the area or what you were trying to do in the menu. When loading in the dropship
What were you doing when the issue occurred? E.g. respawning a squad mate at a beacon, using an ability, a squad mate left the game. nothing
Did your squad mates also experience the issue? I don't know
How many matches had you played in a row before the issue occurred? I have been playing since the game launch on the same PC and never had this issue
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm)
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
How severe is your issue? Major impacts to gameplay
What happens when the bug occurs? A huge drop in FPS
What should be happening instead? A normal smooth gameplay
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I don't know.

All of a sudden there is a major performance drop. I changed absolutely nothing. I installed windows all over again, updated my drivers, checked the power plans. Please help.

Message 56 of 160 (2,288 Views)

Re: Sudden performance drop

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

ANY FIX?

I tried everything on this thread and still the same.. My game was smooth and now I cant play withou audio breaks and MASSIVE stuttering and I get high fps... I dont understand this..

It's driving me crazy because the game was just fine before.

Message 57 of 160 (2,272 Views)

★★ Apprentice

guys i already tried EVERYTHING, literally, EVERYTHING, and the game still bull s***.

I LOVE THIS GAME, but its UNPLAYABLE.

In fire range its fine, but when in a lobby, its impossible to play.

When looking to the edges of the map, like where there is nothing, the stutter actually lower a bit, but still there.

Gtx 1650

i3 9100f

8gb ram

The game was "FINE" before season 6, had some input lag here and there but playable.

Now, EVEN WITH 100+ FPS, it still really bad.

With RTSS there is a huge input lag...

Message 58 of 160 (2,257 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@7empePL Will try the roll back to the driver you mentioned and get back with the answer. I already had LLM disabled on both launch options and the Nvidia control panel.
Message 59 of 160 (2,225 Views)

★ Guide
@GMarees Stuttering was always an issue with Apex. With Nvidia drivers from the branch 456.xx you cannot do anything about it until the path is available. Revert drivers to 452.06. First of all, do not use in-game FPS limiter, because it is badly implemented and has hickups. Even with V-Sync and G-Sync enabled you will feel microstutters due to rapid frame time jumps. RTSS has no huge input lag. It is up to 1 frame of latency, so e.g. with 100 FPS it is 10 ms, with 144 FPS it is 7 ms and so on. RTSS gives you the constant frame time pace, because it is a CPU (not GPU) limiter. I suggest to turn on V-Sync (in Nvidia Control Panel, in-game disabled!), and cap the FPS in RTSS using the rule of at least 3 FPS below the monitor's refresh rate.
Message 60 of 160 (2,212 Views)