by NigerianPrinceTV

Original Post

Re: Apex Legends Stuttering after latest update

★★ Expert

Sure mate - there You go!

Message 11 of 160 (1,340 Views)

★ Guide
@EA_Kent Since the "Aftermarket" update framerates are very stuttered. In my case this happens only with Nvidia Low Latency set to "Ultra" in the Nvidia Control Panel. It's fine with Low Latency set to "On". I see that @PsyhiX69 has FPS cap set to 138 which would make me think that he has "Ultra" setting enabled (this is a built-in cap for 144 Hz displays). I hope this problem gets resolved soon, as I want to come back to the "Ultra" low latency asap.
Message 12 of 160 (1,334 Views)

★ Guide

After some testing, I can tell that frametimes are also worse (jagged) with LLM=On, but stuttering is less noticeable than with LLM=Ultra.

Message 13 of 160 (1,322 Views)

★★ Expert

Yes, I do play with LLM=Ultra, but with LLM=On it's the same for me. Also I did not have these issues before the patch.

Message 14 of 160 (1,310 Views)

Micro stutter lag after update

★ Novice

Micro stutter lag? Hey, before the new update i was running the game easily at a capped framerate of 144 playing in 1600x900 resolution, game feeling very smooth. but after the aftermarket update the game is not smooth at all and feels like theres alot of micro stutter lag, even when my frames always stay within 135-144 fps. before the update everything was working perfectly and * felt super smooth at 144 hz. anyone else having this issue?? i even tried putting the resolution to 1200 and every possible setting to low just to test, and yet the lag still persists. help please! 

Message 15 of 160 (1,240 Views)

Re: Micro stutter lag after update

★★ Guide
@Philfunphy I turned on the Statistics reading and found that anytime things matter in game (like gunfights etc) I have drops from 60 fps to the 40s pretty regularly, and I notice the studder lag. Explains all the issues with no registration shots etc. I'll also add mine averages around a 30ms latency with 0 packet loss, up to 850mps download and around 17 upload
Message 16 of 160 (1,229 Views)

Re: Micro stutter lag after update

★ Guide

At least now I can visually see my fps c*ck me every time I even decide to look at an enemy Standard smile 

the amount of footage alone I have been able to get in 2 days is ridiculous and it brings my hypothesis to the conclusion that this game is just not meant to be played on console or with a cap of 60 fps. If you ever hit 60 you will frame drop, if you look and another player/ enemy/ change in free or frame drop. If you use octanes tact, bangs ult is going off in the background and the enemy has thrown an ark star and its about to blow. FORGET IT *. instant d/c

Message 17 of 160 (1,218 Views)

Re: Apex Legends Aftermarket perofrmance issues

★★★ Novice
I had the same fps drop issue, with quite low GPU usage, and I was trying to diagnose it for days...

For me, the problem was caused by "Low Latency Mode" setting (in NVIDIA 3d settings) that was set to "ultra". It turns out that fps issue is gone by either setting it to "off" or "on", it just creates problems on "ultra".

It ran on "ultra" without any problems since that setting came out, but it started to be a problem for me somewhere at the beginning of October 2020. Not sure if it's driver or game related.

Hope this helps,
subkkonen
Message 18 of 160 (1,244 Views)

Re: FPS droped after aftermarket update

★★★ Novice

I had the same fps drop issue, with quite low GPU usage, and I was trying to diagnose it for days...

For me, the problem was caused by "Low Latency Mode" setting (in NVIDIA 3d settings) that was set to "ultra". It turns out that fps issue is gone by either setting it to "off" or "on", it just creates problems on "ultra".

It ran on "ultra" without any problems since that setting came out, but it started to be a problem for me somewhere at the beginning of October 2020. Not sure if it's driver or game related.

Hope this helps,
subkkonen  

Message 19 of 160 (1,227 Views)

Re: Apex Legends Aftermarket perofrmance issues

★★ Novice

Ive managed to resolve the problem for now by switching the vsync option to adaptive, this puts the fps back at around 144 where it caps. before the vsync was on disabled and the fps was around 90/

Message 20 of 160 (1,234 Views)