Apex Legends Server IP addresses

by NamelessHenchman

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Apex Legends Server IP addresses

★★ Guide

I would like to know these. Not sure if they are the same as Titanfall Servers : https://titanfall.cf/status/r2  - Don't think so

My ISP claims they can optimise my routing if I know the IP address of the server.

I always choose my local data centre but have a sneaky suspicion I get auto connected to any available overseas servers to get a game - causes lag.

When I check my network activity (see attached file), It appears I am correct - all overseas connections.

Not the best way to play an online FPS. I'd prefer to wait and connect to a local server.

Message 1 of 11 (61,166 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Apex Legends Server IP addresses

★★★ Newbie

It would be great if like csgo u get a option to chose max acceptable ping so that we can choose faster match or better match!

View in thread

Message 8 of 11 (50,422 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

@NamelessHenchman 

We have ports listed for Apex Legends. Have you tried adding those to see if it improves connecting?

Port Forwarding

https://help.ea.com/en/help/faq/opening-tcp-or-udp-ports-for-connection-issues/

Blueberry.png
Message 2 of 11 (61,114 Views)

★★ Guide

@EA_Blueberry 

Thanks for the reply. I have open the ports as per the guide - still experiencing lag.

Be nice to know which servers I am connecting to.

I am located in Melbourne Australia. I suspect like PUBG I am getting shunted to SEA servers. A lot of Chinese names in some of my games.....

Message 3 of 11 (61,064 Views)

Community Manager

@NamelessHenchman 

I'm under the impression you've already tried the steps via the link below since you've reached out to your ISP, but it's worth a look just to make sure you've exhausted all options.

Basic Connection Troubleshooting

https://help.ea.com/en/help/faq/connection-troubleshooting-basic/

Blueberry.png
Message 4 of 11 (61,034 Views)

★★ Guide

@EA_Blueberry 

Thanks again for the reply.

You are correct - I have tried pretty much all of these steps.

The game is a great game and I have supported it by buying Apex Coins.

Cheaters are are non stop battle and I prefer to play on local servers to lessen the disadvantage.

I have included my Traceroute and ping times just in case someone wants to take a look.

Anyways - keep up the good work mate!

Message 5 of 11 (61,008 Views)

Community Manager

@NamelessHenchman 

Have you tried changing data centers after you timeout at the ready up screen? Your trace route starts to jump at hop 5 but since you're connecting to the California address it's expected to climb. I don't see any packet loss which is great.

Are you able to login to your router's admin panel and disable or enable IPv6 to see if you have improvement?

Blueberry.png
Message 6 of 11 (60,993 Views)

★★ Guide

@EA_Blueberry 

I always change data centres at the start of every match to my closest.

I logged into my router and disabled IPv6. It didn't really seem to have any effect.

I do notice when I get pushed to laggy, further away servers though- it feels like i'm running under water or through sand. Everything is not as responsive.

That's why it would be nice to have a command to check current ping in match.

Message 7 of 11 (60,912 Views)

★★★ Newbie

It would be great if like csgo u get a option to chose max acceptable ping so that we can choose faster match or better match!

Message 8 of 11 (50,423 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I was wondering if your problem is solved or not. I am getting same numbers, sometimes even worse. I live in Eastern part of India and Ping is around 270. I wonder if it'll ever be solved.

Message 9 of 11 (37,257 Views)

★★★★ Novice

This idea is so great, u should get some bitcoins from ea when they implement it!

Message 10 of 11 (23,908 Views)