Re: Apex Legends Random Freezing

★★★ Newbie
I have all of your previous problems!
But i dont have killed controk center Frown
Please help i wanna play apex
Message 22 of 55 (5,027 Views)

★★ Novice

Had the same issue, I started with moving the game to my SSD drive because I had similar symptomps with another game (Dota 2) when it was on the HDD.

It didn't help much or at all.

Your solution fixed it completely though - thank you balling93!

I also saw a post from Killer employee in this topic (they really found this topic and replied to it - nice!) asking us to update the Killer drivers and report the result to them - will try that later.

For some people asking about the Killer Network Control - if you don't have it, you probably need to keep on searching for your solution..

Killer is a brand of network cards, and this is their driver/utility that allows control of the network card.

Check your Windows Device Manager if you have a Killer network adapter at all first.

Message 23 of 55 (4,943 Views)

★ Apprentice

I'm glad that it worked for you ! 

In the meantime i've seen the post from Killer employee, and i followed the guide for a complete removal of Killer Network Control - Afterwards i installed the newest version 2.0.x..

The new update seems to have fixed this issue aswell

I'm not aware if a complete removal via the tool they made is actually necessary, but you might aswell i suppose 

https://support.killernetworking.com/knowledge-base/clean-install-killer-control-center/

Message 24 of 55 (4,939 Views)

★ Novice
i cant found killernetwork control. where is it?
Message 25 of 55 (4,926 Views)

★ Apprentice

Killernetwork is only if you have a specific motherboard with a killer port

i'm not sure exactly which motherboards uses thoes, but i have a MSI Standard smile 

Message 26 of 55 (4,880 Views)

★★ Novice

@balling93 wrote:

I'm glad that it worked for you ! 

In the meantime i've seen the post from Killer employee, and i followed the guide for a complete removal of Killer Network Control - Afterwards i installed the newest version 2.0.x..

The new update seems to have fixed this issue aswell

I'm not aware if a complete removal via the tool they made is actually necessary, but you might aswell i suppose 

https://support.killernetworking.com/knowledge-base/clean-install-killer-control-center/

I had to change the cpu thermal paste and I decided to format all disks and go for a fresh installation of windows 10.

Once installed and downloaded all drivers and programs, included Killer Control Center (the latest version), I played Apex without any freeze or other problems! 

I suggest to follow the instructions given by Killer network employee in this thread (second page), the new version should fix everything.

Message 27 of 55 (4,839 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
I've got it!!! DEACTIVATE AD BLOCKER in your browser! This is tough (for me), but the game is finally running 100%
Do not be surprised ... We have all times a hook when registering, and our rights, for example. Marketing concerns ...
What do we expect from EA? ^^

Feel free to donate to https://www.twitch.tv/comeunity if it worked for you. Bye and have fun with APEX LEGENDS!

P.S.: I find this out after days of many tries !! JUST DEACTIVATE YOUR AD BLOCKER IN YOUR BROWSER !!
Message 28 of 55 (4,786 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
hahaha a lot of work for this game. just dectivate your ad block - thats it. gl hf
Message 29 of 55 (4,785 Views)

★★★ Novice

I will try it, because I'm desperate.... but no way in HELL it is going to work.
That makes no sense!

Message 30 of 55 (4,768 Views)