Original Post

Re: Apex Legends Random Freezing

★ Novice

where do you go to find killer network control

Message 11 of 55 (12,657 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I just searched for it in the windows search bar on the bottom left of my desktop screen.  

Message 12 of 55 (12,605 Views)

★★ Novice

I just can't play this game. I've done every single fix or hint I've crossed and it won't work. Played maybe a total of 8 games and died to freezes around 5 of them. I've disabled streaming sync, I've tried tanking my graphic settings, I didn't have killer control center but installed it only to disable advance stream detect. I've been to the origin app and disabled save files and pretty much everything they say is a fix but nothing works.

I haven't found a single explanation about the red speedometer on the top right either when I tried to find out what it actually mean.

All I know, is when I play training or the royale game mode the game will freeze me for about 10-15sec where I can just look around and get peppered full of holes without even knowing. 

I know all other games work properly for me, only apex (only origin game I have) have this issue.

Guess I'll have to chill a month or something.

Message 13 of 55 (12,491 Views)

★★★ Newbie

This method worked for me also pretty sure anyways. Serveral matches finally I can enjoy the game thanks.

Message 14 of 55 (12,227 Views)

★ Novice
What worked exactly?
Message 15 of 55 (11,400 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Im having the same issue its so frustrating when you freeze mid fight and unfreeze dead! EA FIX THIS!

Message 16 of 55 (11,329 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I think the problem is the hard drive. The same problem it has on ps4 and they fix. If you have SSD just move it on your SSD. The reason they freeze the game it's the rending. They need faster rendering if you don't have a good HDD. And this problem the coming on the object you if they close you, other players, the computer starting again rendering the models (champions) or object if he does not do it quickly to finish the rendering the algorithm that has passed have not ordered the continuation of the render and freezing. And that's all because of its optimization to better to play the computer. But they have not settled it on its subject If this happens, then one continued to render else stop render.

Message 17 of 55 (10,942 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Official Killer Support here!

I'm sorry to hear that you guys are having issues with the Killer Control Center! This may be due to using an outdated version of the Killer Control Center. 

Try clean installing to the latest version of the Killer Control Center by following this guide - https://support.killernetworking.com/knowledge-base/clean-install-killer-control-center/.
If that doesn't resolve the issue for you, please reach out to us directly by filling out the form here - http://support.killernetworking.com/submit-a-ticket/ - which will also allow you to submit a diagnostic.

-- -- Anthony with Killer Networking
Killer Networking has a subreddit! 
If you are having problems with your Killer software or hardware, see the Killer KB!

Message 18 of 55 (10,898 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I dont get what is this Killer Control Center, when i try to install it, it said i have nothing compatible to install it. I am a bit deseperate, since 2 days i can't play apex anymore, everygame i have multiple freeze like describe in the first post, i had no problems before, and i try other game my ping is a constant 52ms, and my pc specs are not the problem. Pls tell me there is something to fix this. Thanks

Message 19 of 55 (10,846 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Look... Even Linus Tech Tips:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g-OODE8b_X4

@ 11:11 and @11:55 

They said it is a network issue... but this exactly happens randomly in game to me...

Message 20 of 55 (10,463 Views)