Apex Legends Random Freezing

by balling93

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Apex Legends Random Freezing

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

I'm having issues with Apex Legends, that it's randomly freezing for approx. 10 sec.
It seems to be completely random and when it freeze it also "crashes" my discord for the whole duration of the freeze. The freeze it self causes me to run on the spot in game, i'm able to look around, but moving is impossible. Just as i unfreeze i can hear my friends again and return to playing as nothing as happend.. 

It happen ATLEAST once every game, but most likely 2 times, and i've never had this happen in any other games.

I've tried the following:

-Update Graphics driver + windows update 

-Re-instal origin and APEX 
-Every combination of graphic setting

-Restart my network equipment

I play with 2 friends, and non of them have had this issue. 

PC specs:

MSI 1080ti
16GB 3400MHz 
MSI z370 gaming 
500GB NVME SSD 

Hopefully someone got a trick, because its making a very fun game almost unplayable Frown 

**EDIT**

I found a fix that worked for me..

Open Killer Control Center -> disable Advance Stream Detect

After this i haven't had a single crash. 

Message 1 of 55 (81,582 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Apex Legends Random Freezing

★ Apprentice

I found a fix that has worked for me so far in like 10 games (The freeze use to happen ATLEAST once a game)

Open Killer Network Control -> disable Advance Stream Detect 

I closed my killer control center again because it causes alot of errors for me in general, and it seem to work fine without it running

View in thread

Message 5 of 55 (80,576 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Novice

Same problem I have a xfx r9 280x. Everything is updated and running fine with other games, the first and second day of playing everything was fine and now every couple of matches everything freezes and I have to turn of the computer. I can still access windows but I can't in any way close the game. Help?

Message 2 of 55 (81,536 Views)

★★ Novice

I have the same problem. It’s exactly as you have described it.

I was able to reduce the freezes to 1 every game using borderless windowed (but it doesn’t work at 100%, sometime I still get two freezes).

This problem is pretty annoying.

I hope devs will resolve it ASAP

here my specs:

Windows 10

I7-8700k

nvidia 1080ti

32gb ram

latest driver installed

game installed on ssd

Message 3 of 55 (81,430 Views)

★★ Novice

this problem has already made me die several times during the match, I am getting unable to play this game and I imagine many other people with the same problem is also.

Could some moderator please comment on this?

Message 4 of 55 (80,918 Views)

★ Apprentice

I found a fix that has worked for me so far in like 10 games (The freeze use to happen ATLEAST once a game)

Open Killer Network Control -> disable Advance Stream Detect 

I closed my killer control center again because it causes alot of errors for me in general, and it seem to work fine without it running

Message 5 of 55 (80,577 Views)

★★★ Novice
what can i do if i dont have killer control center (im realtek)
Message 6 of 55 (80,451 Views)

★★★ Novice

I am also having the same problem, I do not believe it is hardware based and could be related to the ISP. I currently have ATT Uverse.

i5 8400

GTX 1070

16gb Ram

Message 7 of 55 (80,403 Views)

★★★ Novice

DUDE! this worked! multiple games in without any freezes now.  Thanks man

Message 8 of 55 (80,387 Views)

★ Novice

I'm having the exact same problem. My character can't move but it can look around. I hear other game activity, but I'm essentially frozen in place for 10 to 15 seconds. This happens almost every game. My gaming PC plays BFV just fine, so it's not a hardware issue on my end. I have very reliable and fast broadband, 120mbps down and 8mbps up.

PC

i5 6600k

RTX 2070

16GB DDR4 RAM

Message 9 of 55 (80,383 Views)

★★★ Novice

Everyone! This method worked for me. Open Killer Network Control -> disable Advance Stream Detect.. 10 games plus with no freezing.  

Message 10 of 55 (80,365 Views)