Re: Packet loss

by HTSniper

Original Post

Apex Legends Packet Loss

★★★★★ Newbie

I am unable to play Apex Legends on my Xbox One Series X because of the packet loss.  It is very extreme, between 20% and 70% even in the firing range.  I have contacted my ISP and tested all connections from their servers to my network, all within my network, and there are no issues at all.  Download and upload speeds are around 850+ mbps up and down with 25 to 35ms ping.  We have Northcentral Connect Fiber that was installed late March of this year.  I cannot create a case because it redirects me to a self help page and no way to contact EA directly.  I've run the UO Trace and have that information as well if it could be helpful in resolving this issue.  I would like to get back to grinding with friends but it is literally unplayable.  Please Help!

Message 1 of 9 (847 Views)

Re: Apex Legends Packet Loss

★★★ Newbie

Interesting. I'm on PC. Also have northcentral connect. Also have packet loss. I might have 1 game out of 7 that I don't have any packet loss. It also seemed to have started within the last few weeks  cause it hasn't always done it for me.  

Message 2 of 9 (775 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Call Northcentral Connect and have them run ping tests while you are having issues.  I just got off the phone with them and they found an issue of 20% packet loss while running additional tests.  I called Friday and could not find an issue, but just a few minutes ago finally was able to pinpoint the packet loss.  It was escalated and supposed to be fixed tomorrow!

Message 3 of 9 (762 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Dang okay I'll give them a call later today. Are they coming out to your house to fix it or is it something they have to fix on there end??

Message 4 of 9 (730 Views)

Packet Loss

★ Apprentice

I constantly get pack loss. It is usually around 0/3. Or 0/1 or 0/2 or 03 or 0/4. The game feels quite inconsistent because of it!
I really don't know how to fix this. I tried almost everything: different DNS, repairing game files, changing ingame settings, different FPS, different server (every server says 0 % packet loss), resetting internet, different router, reinstall windows and apex, closing all programs in the background, Exitlag program etc.
I play on high-end PC, EU. 1000/1000, 15 ping, 50 download, 20 upload. When I run cmd packet loss command it says 0 packet loss.
Does anybody know how to fix this? Do u think the problem is my internet and nothing else?

Message 5 of 9 (714 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Not sure yet, waiting to hear back from them.  The escalation process has began so we will see!

Message 6 of 9 (709 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I spoke with them earlier and the guy didn't know what packet loss was haha but I wasn't at home either so he was saying I needed to be at home first so then we could take a look at it lol. Hopefully they get you fixed up. It's annoying not being able to play. 

Message 7 of 9 (703 Views)

Packet loss

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Since season 12 experiencing packet loss, it is only in Apex Legends, League of Legends and CSGO work fine, tested packet loss here https://packetlosstest.com/ and pinging 8.8.8.8. while experiencing packet loss in Apex, both show no packet loss. It is definitely a problem with apex. Also, it will either be packet loss the entire game, or no packet loss at all. It doesnt happen for a few seconds, its the entire game. 

Message 8 of 9 (710 Views)

Re: Packet loss

★★★ Newbie

I started playing at the end of season 12 and all through season 13 and didn't have hardly any packet loss. Season 14 though just like you I either have packet loss or don't have it at all so it prob is game. Havent really played any other games so idk if that's the case for me. Might have to try another game and see what it does. 

Message 9 of 9 (687 Views)