Apex Legends PS5 Lag ?

by Strikegunner

Original Post

Apex Legends PS5 Lag ?

★ Apprentice

Hi, Just upgraded to a PS5, download Apex Legends a was hoping for smoother experience then PS4. Game loads really but I'm lagging sporadically and I'm not sure what is causing it. Went back to PS4 and no lag?. Is anyone else having this issue or had this issue and know who to resolve it.

Thanks

Message 1 of 28 (12,182 Views)

Re: Apex Legends PS5 Lag ?

★ Novice

Same here. Never had performance issues on PS4 or Pro but seem to consistently have a lag playing on Ps5. It’s not terrible, but very irritating to say the least

Message 2 of 28 (12,147 Views)

★ Apprentice

Added an external hard drive and moved Apex to that still getting lag but not as bad. Hope this gets an update as we don't know when the PS5 version is coming.

Message 3 of 28 (12,102 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@Strikegunner The game has been giving me more lag spikes on ps5 also causing my scuf to act up but when I jump onto PS4 it’s ok
Message 4 of 28 (12,087 Views)

★★ Novice

Hope this gets seen by respawn and EA.  Just got my PS5 a few days ago and lag has been crazy.  Never had this kind of lag on my PS4.  I have pretty quick internet at 200 download, 20 upload. 

Message 5 of 28 (11,863 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Does verifying the game files help the issue? Also, I notice this was posted 2 weeks ago - did any of the recent patches help with the problem?

EDIT: One last thing - can you describe what exactly happens when you lag? That'll help people provide more specific solutions for you. Do you have any of the network problem icons appearing in the top right corner of your screen when the lag occurs?

Message 6 of 28 (11,848 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@JasonBjorrn I get the same lag as well and it’s annoying tbh you can’t even play without going into a fight and automatically lagging I tried switching servers my wifi is good as well so I don’t know what’s causing it plus my monitor support more than 144z so I don’t know what’s happening my lag started after the update
Message 7 of 28 (11,787 Views)

★★★ Newbie

My mate switched his router over to 5Ghz and it solved the latency issue. 

Message 8 of 28 (11,678 Views)

★★ Novice

My lag is other legends are freezing so when i shoot they are already somewhere else i physically cannot play my ps5 its that bad. Wifi is fine ps4 is fine. 

Message 9 of 28 (11,398 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@Strikegunner i'm playing on PC and my squad and I experienced lagg around this time as well. so must be something on their servers.
Probably setting up a new shining shop that will pop up with new goodies mixed and locked behind all new kind of crazy combos for us after the event and thus we'll have to accept it.

its that or the amount of cheaters are breaking the boundries of the matrix idk.
Message 10 of 28 (11,394 Views)