Re: Apex Legends - PC Hangs then Turns Off

by EA_Kent

Original Post

Apex Legends - PC Hangs then Turns Off

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

OK. So for a few months now, my Apex has been hanging for a few seconds and crashing completely. As if my laptop runs of out battery. There's no apex_crash.txt in my documents folder either. I have repaired my game files to no avail. I have tried using older AMD Drivers (up to a year ago) as well as using the new ones but the crashing is still occurring.

CPU: Ryzen R5 2500U (with Vega 8 Graphics)
GPU: RX560X (4GB)
RAM: 8GB

Message 1 of 6 (447 Views)

Community Manager

Hi @mdpenguino

Looking at the DxDiag you attached I noticed some other crashes happening in the diagnostics section. It looks like both your Radeon Software and your RealTek Audio Software have been crashing. If these drivers are crashing it might be related to the issues you've been having with Apex Legends as well. 

When you have the chance can you check and see if there might be an update available for both the Radeon Software and your RealTek Audio software as well? Let me know if you're still running into any problems with Apex Legends after that. 

Thanks!

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 2 of 6 (355 Views)

★★ Novice

I've updated my Realtek drivers and AMD drivers to the latest avaliable, however it still seems to crash. Uninstalling Realtek drivers seems to work temporarily, until the drivers reinstall themselves.

Message 3 of 6 (338 Views)

Community Manager

@mdpenguino 

Thanks for the update!

What happens if you start up your PC in a Clean Boot before you launch the game? That way if the crashes are happening due to something else running on the PC at the same time, that may help to get around it. 

For more information on how to set one up check out the EA Help website. Let me know how that goes when you've had the chance to give it a shot. Thanks again. 

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 4 of 6 (324 Views)

★★ Novice

After the Clean Boot I noticed that Apex was no longer crashing, as long as I don't reactivate the Realtek process manager, it should be fine! Thank you!

Message 5 of 6 (298 Views)

Community Manager

@mdpenguino 

Thanks for letting me know! I'm glad to hear it's no longer crashing for you. Thumbs up

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 6 of 6 (272 Views)