Re: I lost all my level progress... (PS4)

by EA_David

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Apex Legends Level Reset & Server Maintenance [FIXED]

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I was playing apex legends yesterday Feburary 7th, and my level got reset after the servers went down for a few minutes. It brought me back all the way down to level one and now every time I level up I get no rewards. Please help to bring back my level to where it was before. Thanks!

Message 15 of 987 (35,281 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Progression was reset

[ Edited ]
EA DICE Team

*Update*

This should now be FIXED.

Thank you everyone for sticking it out while we worked to get progress back and servers back online. 

What happened and how did you fix it? Learn more here: https://www.reddit.com/r/apexlegends/comments/b93neo/fix_for_11_progression_issue_is_now_live_on_all...

View in thread

Message 263 of 987 (28,556 Views)

All Replies

I lost all my level progress... (PS4)

★★★ Newbie

I played APEX LEGENDS yesterday for more then 4 hours and was loving the game! I reached player level 8 and after one match the server disconnected...

When I logged back all my level progress was lost: back to level 1.

All the other things was intact: skins, currency, etc.

Additional info: 
- After login back to the game (with all my progress lost) I didn't need to do the Training again, the Apex Matchmaking was available;
- Everything that I acquired was there, but all characters were with their Default Skins (I had to select again all the skins I was using before the level reset).

- I tried to log off and login to see if my level would come back. It didn't.
- Also tried to play one match to see if after the match my level would come back and count as level 8 going to level 9. After the match I passed to level 2... 

Message 1 of 987 (23,790 Views)

Community Manager

@OgamiFelipe  Thanks for the report, I've seen a small handful of folks reporting the same thing.

Can you try restarting your system from the power menu and see if that changes anything?

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 2 of 987 (23,774 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I tried your suggestion and unfortunately it didn't work...

Message 3 of 987 (23,762 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Thank you for the confirmation.

I think this issue is only affecting PS4 users and I don't see a PS4 account attached to your forum account, can you send me a DM with your PSN name/your other EA account, and we'll look into this.

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 4 of 987 (23,758 Views)

Progress loss (PS4)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I play on ps4 and as I was playing the game and while in the lobby the game ended up logging me out of the game and giving me a crash data loss warning and when I loaded back up all my progress was gone and it restarted me back to level 1 with no record of past games.

Message 5 of 987 (23,729 Views)

★★★ Newbie

The exact same thing happened to me today like right now as I'm writing this message. How do I get my progress back 

Message 6 of 987 (23,732 Views)

Account Progress Reset

★★★★ Novice

Product: Apex Legends
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Please specify your platform model. Sony PlayStation 4 Pro
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? Blakew1n5
Please provide your squad mates' gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name if possible. Rickysizzle1
Which Legend were you playing (if applicable)? Mirage
Which Legends were your squad mates using (if applicable)? Can't recall
Where did the issue occur? Returning to the lobby after a match
Which part of the map or menu were you in? If you don't remember the exact name, please describe the area or what you were trying to do in the menu. 'initializing' occured from the start up menu
What were you doing when the issue occurred? E.g. respawning a squad mate at a beacon, using an ability, a squad mate left the game. Exiting a match
Did your squad mates also experience the issue? Yes
How many matches had you played in a row before the issue occurred? 10ish
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 5:30ET / 07.02.19
How often does the bug occur? Rarely (0% - 9%)
How severe is your issue? Minor impact to gameplay
What happens when the bug occurs? Exited the game to the lobby after a match, but was booted to start screen. A loading wheel and 'initializi g' appeared for a moment. When I loaded back in to the lobby, my account progress was reset to level 1. All the stats / banners were reset and wiped. Badges are locked again. My purchases are still there it seems.
What should be happening instead? Should load me back into a lobby, not reset my account.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I don't know what caused the account to initialize. I was kicked to the start screen after a match.

My squadmates also experienced a little bit of the bug, but it appears they were only temporarily reduced to level 1. The party also seemed very laggy, and the cloud clusters had a lot of packet loss going on. 

It isn't that big of a deal I guess, the game still plays fine. Just random that it phantom wiped my level progress like that.

Message 7 of 987 (22,792 Views)

Re: Account Progress Reset

★★★★★ Newbie
Same thing happened to me. PSN Gamer tag is Avengetheday99. Annoying baring in mind I grinder to level 19
Message 8 of 987 (22,768 Views)

Re: Account Progress Reset

★★★★ Novice

As a side note, I cannot receive the legend currency or the scraps as a reward anymore. It says that I'm going to get it, but never happens .. I assume it's because I've already received it once for that level. 

Did a reinstall, restored licenses on ps4, picked a different cluster .. I may have tried everything to get it to come back. Again, not a big deal to me - just a heads up that the game is potentially phantom wiping progress in case someone sees this. 

Message 9 of 987 (22,758 Views)