Apex Legends - Lagging & FPS Stutter / Black Screen Game Frozen Mid Game Issue

by EliteIV

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Apex Legends - Lagging & FPS Stutter / Black Screen Game Frozen Mid Game Issue

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Hello EA Community.

I am having this strange issue with the game not running correctly. I'm not sure if it's to do with Steam.

So when i launched the game for the first time i tried playing and it was smooth for a few minutes then it would lag and freeze on that one frame and then i would get a black screen and would have to end process after the application would not respond (Windows does not indicate that the program Apex Legends is not responding as it usually would it just freezes but i can still alt-tab etc.)

So i thought okay my PC isn't the best then. So i launched Apex Legends again and turned all settings to as low as possible disabling and features as well like Anti-Aliasing etc. I also turned down V-Ram usage to 4GB (High i think) and turned V-Sync off.

I ran it again and it lasted longer but the same problem still persists.

I then updated my graphics card driver and the problem still persists.

I've also deleted a fair amount of space (free-ed up around 80gb of space) thinking it's got problems with memory maybe (where the game is stored on of course) and the problem still persists.

Can anyone point me in the right direction please?

I can play Far Cry 5 and other intensive graphical demanding games with no problems at 1080p but this game seems to not want me to play at all Frown and also when this game was newish i played it a few times (around 8 games) No lag problems at all.. So i am really stumped...

Here are my System Specs:

Core i7 6700

Nvidia Gigabyte RTX 2060

16GB DDR4 Ram

1x NVME (OS System and Programs only)

1x SSD Storage (Where games are stored on)

Windows 10 Professional 64bit

Thanks Guys.

EDIT:

I am currently validating files and Steam has detected there were a few things missing strangely.

I am now downloading an extra 20GBs. I will update this thread if the issue is solved.

After trying to install the missing files steam has indicated that the Disk is Corrupt. I've reformatted the storage memory and reinstalling the game now. Fingers crossed.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/Apex-Legends-Black-Screen/td-p/7424465 -> Multiple people have had the black screen issue and this thread might be the solution. Thought i would compile it here.

Message 1 of 3 (697 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Apex Legends - Lagging & FPS Stutter / Black Screen Game Frozen Mid Game

★★★ Newbie

Yes,

Thank you.

Upon verifying game files and Steam detecting that files and my ssd was corrupt i then reformatted my storage memory and reinstalled the game. The issue has been solved and i have no issues with FPS or Stutters etc.

Hopefully this thread helps someone in the future.

View in thread

Message 3 of 3 (599 Views)

All Replies

EA DICE Team
How did it go @EliteIV ?

/Atic
Message 2 of 3 (625 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Yes,

Thank you.

Upon verifying game files and Steam detecting that files and my ssd was corrupt i then reformatted my storage memory and reinstalled the game. The issue has been solved and i have no issues with FPS or Stutters etc.

Hopefully this thread helps someone in the future.

Message 3 of 3 (600 Views)