Re: Apex Legends Keep CRASHING WITH DXGI ERROR

by NovaDhampir

Original Post

Apex Legends Keep CRASHING WITH DXGI ERROR

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Dear Respawn/EA Games,

You cannot tell the world to stuck in 2018 in order to play just one game! The proposed workaround for the issue with dxgi error is no longer applicable!!!!!!!! If your operating system is on the latest updates you cannot roll back nvidia drivers to 417.22 from december 2018!!!!!!!!! Because they are no longer compatible!!!!!!! You as a producer and developer!!!! Of apex legends are responsible for your product and you should keep up with the other big!!!!! Corporations and their development trends!!!!!!!. So I presume this post will be deleted as offensive and irrelevant? Sure go ahead! But you cannot tell me that the only way is to re-install my operation system with version prior to december 2018 in order to instal graphic drivers from 2018 in the end of february 2020! This is not acceptable!!! The only product which has problems is yours! So fix it!! Stop [Admin - Removed] your users!

P.S. I will not apologize for my language since the issue is more than 2 years old and it is still pending fix! Totally not acceptable!  

[Admin - removed all-caps]

Message 1 of 17 (3,578 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Reinstall your DxDiag, use the one in the game folder only, the problem would vanish.

Message 2 of 17 (3,543 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

I have the same problem. I thought I had fixed it, but apparently having the Tdr Delay to 60 didn't fix it.

I also get DEVICE REMOVED for whatever reason.

Apex Legends only btw.

But don't worry. Apex doesn't need a rejoin button.

Message 3 of 17 (3,532 Views)

Message 4 of 17 (3,480 Views)

★★ Novice

Each time is a different error. Either "Device hang", "Graphic card was physically removed" or "Sending badly formed commands". I personally noticed that with TDR Delay my machine started to behave badly (REALLY SLOW) Especially with Origen and Apex. Just as example: in order to open a browser started to take around a minute, after removing the Reg entry and reboot everything started to work properly. As a workaround i've tried to downclock my GPU and GRAM with MSI Afterburner with a 100 (-100) and notice significant improvement in the number of games before the game crash (one time crash for the entire Saturday, which was around 7 hours of gaming), but this is not a consistent behavior, had 10 games in a row crash on Sunday, one time even the entire operation system hang without the option to do anything. here i will put a reminder: The issue occur ONLY with APEX LEGENDS, no other software behaves like that.

Message 5 of 17 (3,461 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @Lanfaear

I know the DXGI errors are annoying to deal with. The Apex Legends team is working alongside NVIDIA to figure out a way to stop this from happening. It's something that might require a new driver or an update to the game, but unfortunately we don't have any details on how long that could take. 

For more info I'd recommend checking out the update notes from Season 4: 

https://answers.ea.com/t5/News-Game-Updates/Season-4-Assimilation-Patch-Notes/m-p/8710020#M64

Thanks for bearing with us on this. I know it's been a really frustrating issue to deal with. 

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 6 of 17 (3,455 Views)

★★ Novice

Hello Kent,

Thanks for the update. Below you can find some additional information, in regards of my setup:

1. GPU MSI 2080ti Gaming X series.

2. Intel I7 6580k

3. 64gb RAM

4. Motherboard Asus ROG Rampage V 10'th anniversary x99 LGA2011 v2

5. No particular pattern in the crashing

6. The only way to reproduce the issue is in the firing range or training ground it always crashing there, unfortunately the time is always different, from 10 seconds to 10/15min, but inevitably the game will crash there.

I remain on your disposal if any questions rise.

BR

Message 7 of 17 (3,438 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@Femolevsky I tried this and still have the same crashing as the OP. I used the "DXSETUP" exe file within Origin Games/Apex/_Installer/directx/redist. Is this the one you are talking about?
Message 8 of 17 (3,412 Views)

★★★ Novice

@Femolevsky wrote:

Reinstall your DxDiag, use the one in the game folder only, the problem would vanish.

How would one go about doing this?

Message 9 of 17 (3,405 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

@CUTxEYE Check out my previous post. I think that's it. But I did it and am still getting crashes. Lots of people posting many different solutions. One thing I just tried per the recommendation of someone else on this forum is changing vsync to adaptive sync in the game's video settings. I previously had it set to off. I've made it through 3 games without crashing. Too early to say if this is a fix though.

Edit: Adaptive sync setting did not fix anything Frown

Message 10 of 17 (3,386 Views)