Apex Legends Instruction at * referenced memory at * Memory could Not be Read

by HotdogSafari

Original Post

can't launch the game because of the "referenced memory" error

★★★★ Novice

The instruction at 0xd02f9414 referenced memory at 0x412843a0. The memory could not be read. That's the error I get every time I try to launch the game. Any known fixes?

Message 21 of 431 (10,735 Views)

Re: Apex Legends Instruction at * referenced memory at * Memory could Not be Rea

★★★ Newbie

I read the error has something to do with os 8.1 or lower. I cant even launch the game without the error

Message 22 of 431 (22,504 Views)

Apex Legends (Memory could not be read crash or no error crash fixed for me)

★ Novice

So I have the crashing problem of Apex Legends during the gameplay. As soon as I was in the ship to drop in the field or even in the middle of a battle mid or end game, my game kept crashing without a report or a report with a message of "Memory could not be read". I tried everything, cleaning Origin cache, disabling all the overlays (Origin and Discord), Repaired and Reinstalled the Game, Moved it to my SSD HardDrive, Clean boot my Windows. Nothing helped. The only thing that helped me was creating a new Windows Profile with Administrator privileges. Since then the game is running normally and without a crash. I do not know yet what is the problem with my former Windows Profile as I am expecting EA Support to contact me.  I suggest trying this step and contacting EA Support via online chat as they helped me a lot. Hope this helps you enjoy the game and relieve you from the trouble!! 

Message 23 of 431 (10,801 Views)

Game Crash

★★★ Newbie

When I open Apex Legends the game crashes and it shows this: "The instruction at 0x85ab9414 referenced memory at 0x412843a0. The memory could not be read". I tried different solutions but none of them worked (reinstalling the game, clearing cache, repairing the game).

Message 24 of 431 (10,737 Views)

Re: Apex Legends (Memory could not be read crash or no error crash fixed for me)

★ Novice

Apparently it is not fixed as after 10 or so games the game AGAIN crashed in the middle of a fight mid game. So not the solution yet. 

Message 25 of 431 (10,775 Views)

Re: Scoping may be causing my game to crash.

★★★ Novice
Okay, it happened again, it does seem to have something to do with the
long range sniper scopes, other scopes don't appear to have this issue.

I was taking a look at some buildings in which i could hear gunshots, so perhaps enemy presence may be a part of the reason? Anybody able to try finding a sniper scope, scoping in and out constantly in an empty area at the start, then try again when there's enemy squads around?

So until a fix is live, i'd recommend not using them if you experience the crashes.
Message 26 of 431 (10,404 Views)

Re: Apex Legends Instruction at * referenced memory at * Memory could Not be Rea

★★★ Novice
same here...did u fix that??
Message 27 of 431 (21,636 Views)

★★★ Novice

I've been getting this very randomly as well. Sometimes the game will run for hours without problem, then I will get the error with the 000000's. Windows/Graphics card updates and turning down graphics don't solve this. No issues with any other games on my PC. Windows 7 is important to note for me.

Windows 7

i5 2500k CPU

Radeon RX 570

Message 28 of 431 (21,505 Views)

★ Pro
Did you install any new games or applications after installing apex? Maybe check the Visual C++ installation.. I have a GT 1050ti and running 399.24 I am not recommending this version but for me it seems to be more stable ( i have an older motherboard too socket 1150)
Message 29 of 431 (21,468 Views)

★★★ Novice

Just crashed with the same error.

i5 3570k

1060 6gb

Low settings, borderless window.

So sad, it was the endgame with only two squads left, I feel like an a-hole for crashing and leaving two teammates for the last fight.

Message 30 of 431 (21,355 Views)