Re: Apex Legends Instruction at * referenced memory at * Memory could Not be Rea

by SlugBait

Original Post

Re: Apex Legends Instruction at * referenced memory at * Memory could Not be Rea

★★★★ Novice
for some reason it crashes every game for me with this error when i play with a party
Message 211 of 431 (2,271 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I have noticed it more when I'm with a party too.

Message 212 of 431 (2,256 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Strangely I also feel like the crashing was more frequent when playing in a party, like every 2-3 games vs 5-6 games when queueing solo. It could just be a coincidence...

Message 213 of 431 (2,186 Views)

Re: r5apex.exe-application error plz reply!!!!!!

★★ Novice

Things i did trying to fix this error
-reinstaling easy antycheat

-reinstaling game

-setting administrator rights to run game
-upgrading from windows 7 to windows 10
-reinstaling game from HDD to SSD

nothing helped BUT
-inserting launch option in apex game properties     +fps_max 60

-disabling origin ingame overlay

-disabling discord overlay

it has been 3days since i did highlited last 3 steps and game didn't crash

Message 214 of 431 (2,589 Views)

★★★ Novice
For me, i only get crash after the new weapon "Havoc" release. Before that, everything seems pretty smooth for me. Hope devs will fix this soon, i really am into this game
Message 215 of 431 (3,055 Views)

memory could not be read

★★★★★ Apprentice

Fix please... 

Message 216 of 431 (2,390 Views)

Re: memory could not be read

Message 217 of 431 (2,379 Views)

Re: memory could not be read

★★★★★ Apprentice

@Konform103 
It does not help! Nothing helps! I give up!

Message 218 of 431 (2,027 Views)

Memory could not be read... still

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

I've been having problems with crashing since launch. Every single fix recommended has only been a temporary bandaid and then it's right back into crash mania. Sometimes I'll go 10 games without a crash, sometimes it'll be every game. I can assure you that if you have a recommended fix, it won't do anything to solve my problem. "Turn on VSync" works for a few games, then it's back to Hell. "Lower CPU usage" works for a few games, then it's back to Hell.

Each time, save for the rare instance I get an errorless crash-to-desktop, the game stutters and halts, and gives me the error "The instruction at <POINTER> referenced memory at <POINTER>. The memory could not be read. Click on OK to terminate the program." Each time, the pointer names are different, but the result is the same-- the game is nearly unplayable for long stretches of time because many games will end prematurely.

Sometimes it's associated with a spike in CPU usage, sometimes it's not a noticeable spike. It happens far more often in the drop phase, but it can happen any time during the game.

Specs:

Windows 7 64bit

Intel Core i3-6100 CPU @ 3.70GHz

8GB ram

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti

(Worth noting I've seen this problem elsewhere on the forums since launch, and yet it's apparently gone ignored or blamed on the user. If I have to race around trying to find solutions that temporarily fix a game-breaking problem plaguing lots of people, the fault isn't on me.)

"Try this quick fix!" the well-meaning say,

Works for a bit, then crash within the day.

Message 219 of 431 (2,108 Views)

Re: Memory could not be read... still

Message 220 of 431 (2,085 Views)