Re: Apex Legends Instruction at * referenced memory at * Memory could Not be Rea

by EpicToastedy

Original Post

Windowns 10 Enterprise "memory could not be read" error. HELP

★★★ Newbie

So i've been playing apex for like 4 days now and every single day my game crashes like 3 times from the "memory could not be read" error. It is said that windows 10 users should not be experiencing this, but I have windows 10 enterprise and it doesn't seem to make a difference. I am also using a i5-6500 and a RX480. Can someone please help me? When it works the game is really fun, but it is annoying to be in a firefight and get disconnected because of that... Please help.

Message 31 of 431 (7,295 Views)

Re: Apex Legends Instruction at * referenced memory at * Memory could Not be Rea

★★★★★ Novice

Unfortunately there is no solution, it's just more broken s""t that needs to be patched.

You see how Epic release patches every week.

Yeah that... EA...

Message 32 of 431 (17,079 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Hey [Edit - Admin.] bro this game is so much better than that piece of [Edit - Admin.], don't hate on the devs for listening to community feedback and making an amazing game, every game suffers from bugs and crashs and the games barely been out a week so chill out.

Message 33 of 431 (16,736 Views)

Yet another potential "fix" for the 0x... memory error thing

★★★ Newbie

Hi!

I know for a fact that many of the Apex Legends players are experiencing a recurrent crash with an error message stating "the instruction at 0x... referenced memory at 0x.... The memory could not be read."

I have been one of you guys, and I understand how infuriating it is to get thrown out of the game for the tenth time of the day, right when you are about to clutch that juicy top 1. I have been looking for a potential fix for many hours now and I think I may have found a way to solve that for some players. If you're like me, you have tried all of the fixes available through the troubleshooting guides: driver tweaking, memory paging modifications, deleting overlays and some more shady stuff.

Exiting discord is the one that made it for me, as I've been able to play for many hours while discord was turned off. But as I thought to myself, playing without being allowed to talk to my buddies sucks and it reminded me of an old sound glitch that I had  with forknife.

By going to your discord settings, in your voice and video menu, try playing with your "audio subsystem" setting. Changing it from "experimental" to "standard" allowed me to play the game and using discord simultaneously.

I don't expect this "fix" to be working for everybody. Heck, I don't even think it is remotely relevant. However, it worked for me and if it can help some other people to play that truly amazing game, I will be happy.

Truly yours, Meleagaan, I hope you guys will end up enjoying that beautiful game.

Message 34 of 431 (7,326 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Ok so what I had to do here was I had to install the Visual C++ redistributables stored in the Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Apex\__Installer\vc\vc2015\redist\ folder. It wouldn't install because I had a later version installed (2017 to be specific) so I uninstalled that via "remove programs and features" and then installed the 2015 one. After that, I had a separate error with "Update available for origin please exit and relaunch origin" etc. etc. So I disabled the ingame origin overlay, stopped the origin web helper service in task manager, and now I can play the game without error on windows 7. Good luck hope this works for others.

*edit* I should mention that the previous failures to install the 2015 Visual C++ redistributable were not caught by the update/repair functions of Origin, so it is worth checking that manually even if the Origin Launcher says that the installation checks out. It's possible that Origin does not check that things like this were installed properly as they are separate installers.

Message 35 of 431 (16,617 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@EpicToastedy Hey Toastedy, I've seen multiple treads on this issue. I have it myself aswell. But for how long have you been able to play without errors? Since sometimes I can play a good 3 hours with no error. While at other times it happens every bloody game. Please report back with your findings and stability!

Thanks,

Desperate person who just wants to play.

Message 36 of 431 (12,381 Views)

Re: Yet another potential "fix" for the 0x... memory error thing

★★★★ Novice

Good to see people trying stuff, I also experience the crashes quite a lot. I personally already have subsystem on Standard so no fix for me here. Hope it will help others.

Message 37 of 431 (7,307 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

I haven't had a problem since, I did notice that this issue occurred more frequently while partied up with Origin friends before the fix though. It went from happening every few games to not at all, so far, and I have a few hours in since then. If I experience the problem again I'll come back here and update. I should also mention that I have tried a previous fix (involving regedit and something about creating a registry key for r5apex.exe and setting cpu priority to 3), but I don't have the specifics, it was in another thread. I had not removed this registry edit at the time of implementing this current fix, and it is possible that my current stability is a result of both fixes being implemented at the same time (before the regedit fix, the error message referenced a hex address that wasn't all 0's, after that regedit fix the error message referenced hex addresses made of all 0's, after this vcredist fix, nothing errored so far), suggesting two possible causes for extremely similar errors.

*update* still no more instances of the "memory could not be read" error. I am still getting the "an update is available for Origin" error, but that has been isolated thusly: if you close your Origin launcher on windows 7, the origin web helper service keeps running. Stopping that service and launching Origin fresh appears to fix it. Again, still haven't gotten the "memory could not be read" error since the VC Redist fix, and I have since removed the regedit fix and still got in several more hours without the error. Good luck all.

Message 38 of 431 (12,366 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Okay thanks for the info. I've also uninstalled the 2017 Vcredist and now installed the 2015 one. I'll see if it works, thanks a lot!

Message 39 of 431 (12,357 Views)

Re: Yet another potential "fix" for the 0x... memory error thing

★★ Apprentice

ofc its a fix.... even while ppl like me arent using discord at all.... 

Message 40 of 431 (7,264 Views)