Re: Apex Legends Gunfight Lagging/Stutter

by Konform103

Original Post

Apex Legends Gunfight Lagging/Stutter

★ Novice

First of all, I'm really enjoying this game. Good on the devs!

I'm running the game more than fine, I'm able to pull 120+ fps, but when somebody uses their ultimate, or when I get shot or start shooting at someone my game goes to 5-10 fps for a good 2 seconds. And it happens very often and constantly in a match. However if nothing is happening, or I just shoot my weapon out of combat my fps is fine. If I'm playing as Blood Hound, and I use my ultimate, the fps drop lasts the entire time of his ultimate. I've tried all the optimization tutorials I can, even tried using half V-sync and running the game at 60fps cap. It will still happen. I've tried changing my resolution. I've concluded that I don't believe my pc or the game settings is the issue, and I do not know what to do. Its really hard to make big plays in this game when I'm afraid to fight people because I'm at a disadvantage in every fight.

My specs are...

I'm running on an Alienware laptop.

GTX 1080 8GB VRAM

32GB RAM

I7 7820 HK 2.90 Ghz

Using a 1920x1080p monitor that has 120hz.

Message 1 of 7 (10,604 Views)

★★ Novice
same, I also experience this one.
Message 2 of 7 (10,494 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Same here game is unplayable. Game runs fine and once I hear a gunshot or fire at enemies the game stutters terribly (2-5 fps).

Tried a lot of different fixes and nothing worked. Still working on it.

Message 3 of 7 (9,109 Views)

★ Pro
You have hyperthreading i dont know if the game is optimized for it (but let us know) its in the bios.. ALso cpu on laptop is battery conservative as we know so intel speedstep can turned off (always watch ur temps).. People notice the cpu spikes in healing certain abilities etc.. I've also seen it using afterburner while healing in training mode.. If you have some type of hybrid hdd/sdd i dont know anything about how it performs.. Shader cache enabled might lead to lower spikes (in time not necessarily how often it occurs).. If its possible to disable integrated graphics but lot's of laptops do switching between igpu and the dedicated graphics card this cannot be good for overall performance
Message 4 of 7 (9,098 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@SpinUpDog ever figure it out?
Message 5 of 7 (6,250 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@-Chippy-l I just lost a ranked game because of this
Message 6 of 7 (4,432 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

hello, same problem, someone fix this?