Apex Legends Genesis Stuck On Loading Screen (Worked fine before update).

by Popa2caps

Original Post

Re: Apex Legends Genesis Stuck On Loading Screen (Worked fine before update).

Community Manager

Hey folks, 

I see a few of you have taken some steps to repair the game installation in Origin and verify the file integrity in Steam. If you haven't already tried that, it will be the best place to start.

We're still checking into these reports, but in the meantime can you try:

Please attach a DxDiag file if you're still running into the same issue afterwards, thanks for the information all.

Mako.png
Message 21 of 59 (1,892 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

@EA_MakoI have performed a repair of the game. I have updated all AMD-drivers and updated my Nvidia gpu to latest game ready driver. Still the same issue. If i kill the network connection it triggers the errormessage to appear early, and i can try again. It mostly works on the second try.

I have attached the dxdiag.

EDIT: I have now started and joined servers many times in a row without issue. will let you know if situation detiriorates further.

Message 22 of 59 (1,864 Views)

★★★ Novice

It shouldn't be the responsability of the player to fix the * ea put them in , 
some of us invested 100 of dollars . and need to get a  work around . for the past month i have recurring problem ... 

put someone on it .. don't ask for player base to solve your own problem .. 
it's infuriating , and insulting 

Message 23 of 59 (1,853 Views)

★ Apprentice

Let me be clear, since I see most people still don't get it : 

There is nothing wrong with you computer or your connection ! DO NOT REINSTALL THE GAME!

The problem is on their side and their servers !

This issue happen every update in different formats, and then resolved !

My game for example sometimes connect sometimes don't and this happens in exact correlation and times with other people not being able to connect. 

You can check apex server status and see it spikes in the same time for most.

check the pic, it shows you how at night (fewer people) all is fine, then during the day the spikes starts.

Some people just gets lucky sometimes game enter straight after they did something,  and they think its cuz they "fixed it". but it's not on  your end. I promise you.

And when asked to send dxdiag, there is simply no connection what so ever. no info there will help you get in a problematic server after a bad patch.

If the problem is "the game installation", then how come I enter the gamer at times and other I can't?

Few months ago I had the same problem after recent patch and was asked to check file integrity, the result - it reinstalled the game, 19 GB, and nothing changed, game still; didn't  enter, til few hours later when they fixed things. 

So don't get fooled by either clueless answers or bad "solutions".

Message 24 of 59 (1,847 Views)

★ Apprentice

@EA_Mako  I have repeatedly repaired files, restarted PC, kept drivers up to date, Clean restarted pc twice, and just ran System File Checker. 

I have done this all week and every single time I try to run the game it stays on first black loading screen for 10 minutes I get into main menu, click match, second loading screen freezes indefinitly and my CPU runs at %100 the entire time. 

I understand I have a lower end PC but I have been playing this game for weeks without any such incident at all, and never had this CPU problem,

Still haven't been able to get into one game since update dropped, same problem every single time no matter how patient I am. 

Thank you for your time. 

Message 25 of 59 (1,799 Views)

Community Manager

Thanks for the additional info @pugmahon22, it's much appreciated. 

As you mentioned, it does look like your graphics card technically does not meet the minimum system requirements, though I get you've been able to play regardless up until now.

While running System File Checker hadn't helped out in this case, anyone else still having a black loading screen for extended periods of time may want to give that a try as we've seen it fix things for some other people in this situation.

Steps to perform SFC are on Microsoft's site here.  

Just to be clear, this is something that we're still looking into. As it is not affecting everyone, going through some troubleshooting steps and gathering information from those still affected helps us narrow down what's going on here. Thanks for those that have done some troubleshooting and provided the DxDiag info!

Mako.png
Message 26 of 59 (1,715 Views)

★★★ Novice

Now I may trouble shoot complex issues for a living, I don't on PC. But if a wide base of people are having the issue I would stop seeing what they have going on as the same issue is EA servers. I didn't have this problem until you updated and from reading many topics on this pre this patch and post. It always happens after update, and like myself everyone goes through and makes sure the system they are on is fine. I have done everything any forum has said and more. Maybe its time for EA to step up and look at  the common issue that happens in servers after  you update. The root of the problem. You can take all the data you want from us all and it will keep pointing at that problem. If you were able to play and then can't its usually not a hardware thing when. I can play many games with higher graphic requirements and more data to load with no issue. This is a issue EA has had more many years with many different games. Garbage servers and a dedicated fan base. Just get at it and fix your end before you come after the people spending hard earned $$ on a game they are unable to enjoy. That's how you lose people.... SMARTEN TEH **** UP. I'll let you fill in the blanks.

Message 27 of 59 (1,588 Views)

★★ Novice

Having the exact same issue here, it's been persistent since the genesis update and the game has only worked once for an unknown reason since then, I've been trying to log in for days, and yes, I've done every troubleshooting method under the sun, still nothing. I don't have any issues with other games at all when it comes to connectivity, this is obviously on EA's end, your servers are not the best to put it lightly. I've had many issues with the servers before the update and it's happened a few times after, the main thing is that I get disconnected from matches randomly and get kicked out to the main loading screen saying there was something wrong with the servers, thankfully my computer is pretty fast so it only takes like 10-20 seconds to load back in, sometimes it happens multiple times a match and other times it takes a few matches for it to happen again, but it's been a constant issue since I started playing the game at the end of the mayhem season. Please fix your servers EA, I literally cannot play the game.

Message 28 of 59 (1,540 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Same here. SFC and cache deletion did not solve the issue. Happens since last update.  Please fix.

Message 29 of 59 (1,491 Views)

★★★★ Novice

So it seems the issue was fixed for me today out of nowhere. It no longer crashes when switching to different modes and takes only a second to get into the lobby.

Message 30 of 59 (1,454 Views)