Apex Legends Genesis Stuck On Loading Screen (Worked fine before update).

by Popa2caps

Original Post

Re: Apex Legends Genesis Stuck On Loading Screen (Worked fine before update).

★★ Novice

I have this issue as well, was never a problem before the latest update. I have tried all the steps in the link. Both deleting local folder in appdata, and deleting all the specified folders in programdata/origin.

Made sure the services were stopped first, and also restarted computer afterwards.

Message 11 of 59 (2,205 Views)

★ Novice

Same issue - cannot even attempt this fix since I use steam instead of origin. Any updates?

Message 12 of 59 (2,173 Views)

★★ Novice

I have tried both Origin and Steam clients with the same result. 

The only thing that worked for me was creating a new account.  I have no skins no achievements or anything of the sort but at least I can play.  

What REALLY pisses me off is that Respawn/EA aren't even acknowledging this problem. 

Message 13 of 59 (2,165 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Hey folks, for those still running into this issue, have you just left the game on the loading screen or are you forcing it to quit?

You may need to leave it running a few minutes longer than usual, but it should eventually load or potentially return a code: pin error if left on the loading screen.

Once you get that error, attempting to log in again afterwards should do the trick as we're generally just seeing this pop up for the first (or first few) login attempts.

Thanks for the additional reports in the meantime.

Mako.png
Message 14 of 59 (2,155 Views)

★ Apprentice
@EA_Mako I leave it on the loading screen until eventually the program completely freezes and stays that way indefinitely (over 20 min). Have not been able to get to the character main menu since update launch.
Message 15 of 59 (2,125 Views)

★★ Novice

While you can play after this error.  Your CPU is always pegged at 100%.  I do NOT recommend playing under those conditions. 

Message 16 of 59 (2,114 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Litrally every single time you launch the game, you have to wait 5-6 minutes just to get "error - pin" and they you can login right away.

Also, when you Exit the game, it just freeze (this is every single time) and only way is to force close via task manager. 

Very Frustraing, every update there are technical issues sice release date, I wonder if there is any internal testing for these updates....

Message 17 of 59 (2,083 Views)

★★★ Novice

I also have this issue however I'm on steam. I have tired absolutely everything. reinstall game, check local files, run game under different admin, clear my dns, disconnect internet while stuck in loading screen, clear cash on steam. I'm going to * snap here soon and then I'll push to get all the money I put into this * * back.... EA please fix your * because its not on my end........

Message 18 of 59 (2,057 Views)

★ Apprentice

Same here.... really infuriating...

DxDiag attached just in case

Message 19 of 59 (2,036 Views)

★★ Novice
@EA_Mako however the problem persists today! I got it to work eventually yesterday, by letting it time out. then when returning to lobby after a game it crashed again. But after another try it worked.

This is pretty effective at making me not play the game
Message 20 of 59 (2,025 Views)