Re: Apex Legends Genesis Stuck On Loading Screen (Worked fine before update).

by Bestudo

Original Post

★ Novice

This did not work for me. Black screen of death for eternity. Please fix this! Everything worked great until this event. Tried all the fixes I can find online and nothing has worked. Very frustrating as a returning player after a few year break to have it not even be playable... 

Message 31 of 59 (1,208 Views)

★ Novice

Tried this and had no luck still have a crazy long load screen... I hope this is fixed before season end because if not I will lose out on finishing the battlepass.

Message 32 of 59 (1,189 Views)

★★ Apprentice

How did this problem got solved??? Don't see no solution here..................

Message 33 of 59 (1,141 Views)

★ Apprentice
@Jokosse Well, it's not. It's on EA side, even if they say otherwise. They deploy an update, the game is screwed.
Message 34 of 59 (1,129 Views)

★ Apprentice

It's probably related to some sound files, since the update game started to stutter and crash, also in game there are sound related bugs now more then before

Message 35 of 59 (1,104 Views)

★ Novice

This doesn't work with users using steam. Still need a solution. Connection troubleshooting didn't work either.

@Popa2caps wrote:

Apex Legends genesis stuck on loading screen in a repeating loop. Like the Apex Predator icon just loads over and over.

• AMD Ryzen 5 3600X 6-Core Processor                3.80 GHz
    3200 DDR4 32GB
    Inland SSD NVMe (OS, Game installed on this drive).
    Windows 10 Pro 64 bit OS build 19043.1052 Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.2020.0
    GTX 1070 EVGA SC 8GB (471.11 driver).
    Motherboard ASUS B450 Strix Gaming-F

No errors in event viewer for the issue. I've closed Apex Legends from the task bar to try 3 times to get the game to load.

Will update this as I go along trying different possibilities.

This Fixed My Issue: Clear cache to fix problems with your games 

I only did the following below. Hope this helps someone.

ORIGIN - WINDOWS

1. If Origin is running, close it by clicking Origin in the menu bar then Exit.
    • Double-check that Origin is fully closed. If it isn’t, you won’t be able to complete all the steps.
    • To double-check, open Task Manager and go to Processes. Make sure that Origin.exe and OriginWebHelperService.exe aren’t there. If they are, end the tasks to close them.
  2. Hold the Windows key + R.
  3. In the command box that opens, type %ProgramData%/Origin then click OK.
    Command box with text inside.
  4. Delete all the files and folders inside it except for LocalContent. Do not delete this folder.

Origin folder with LocalContent folder highlighted. Do not delete this folder.

• If you’re on Windows XP, you’ll find the ProgramData folder in C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application data\Electronic Arts\

@Popa2caps wrote:

Apex Legends genesis stuck on loading screen in a repeating loop. Like the Apex Predator icon just loads over and over.

3200 DDR4 32GB
    Windows 10 Pro 64 bit OS build 19043.1052 Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.2020.0

No errors in event viewer for the issue. I've closed Apex Legends from the task bar to try 3 times to get the game to load.

ORIGIN - WINDOWS

• Double-check that Origin is fully closed. If it isn’t, you won’t be able to complete all the steps.
    • To double-check, open Task Manager and go to Processes. Make sure that Origin.exe and OriginWebHelperService.exe aren’t there. If they are, end the tasks to close them.
  4. Delete all the files and folders inside it except for LocalContent. Do not delete this folder.

• If you’re on Windows XP, you’ll find the ProgramData folder in C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application data\Electronic Arts\

@Popa2caps wrote:

3200 DDR4 32GB

ORIGIN - WINDOWS

Doesn't work with steam users

Message 36 of 59 (1,091 Views)

★ Novice
@viictoorm1 Any fix? Same here
Message 37 of 59 (1,075 Views)

★★★ Novice

Same here... @EA_Mako can you please confirm you guys are working on this? We've not been able to play the game after the genesis update and i feel like there are way more people with the same issue.

Message 38 of 59 (1,072 Views)

★★★★ Novice

What I do is I click continue and as soon the black screen starts I disconnect my internet and when I get the network error I connect my internet again and click continue and you get into the game.

Sometimes you don’t get the network error and are stuck in the black screen but I force close the game and try again, eventually you get in

Message 39 of 59 (1,041 Views)

★★ Novice

Didn't fix it for me and apparently neither did it for many others, so I wonder why this issue is checked as solved. I tried fixing it by deleting the recommended cache files to no success. If any other possible solutions exist I would be thankful if you let me know.

Message 40 of 59 (1,028 Views)