Apex Legends Fps Drops

by Sucharaka

Original Post

Re: Apex Legends Fps Drops

★★★★ Novice

If you have AMD 970 or 990 chipset and FX processor try this > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_5MQJFRBphY

Message 11 of 31 (10,887 Views)

★★★★ Novice

HI guys, i had i low fps on some parts of the maps like 40 fps X( i tried everything to fix it even the high fps was not smoth, 2 days of research and the only thing to fix my * was to update windows with MediaCreationTool1903, you need to update window from this program, hope it will help.

Message 12 of 31 (10,327 Views)

★★ Novice

Hi,

I am running the game on my Alienware 17 r4 with GTX 1080.

Off lately i have been getting freezing problems while playing the game so i decided to re install windows (CLEAN) and installed the game with windows and drivers updated.

Still the game lags.

i play at capped 120FPS and suddenly i start getting 5-10 fps for about 30 secs and then again back to 120.

This is a very weird problem and i am not aware if someone else is also facing the same issue.

during the lag i checked my task manager and GPU, CPU and Memory shows no abnormal activity.

Tried updating the game which is also updated and still the problem persists.

PLEASE HELP.

Regards

Message 13 of 31 (8,915 Views)

★★★ Novice

I am currently experiencing the same thing right now after the latest patch.

My FPS used to stay between 120 and 144fps but as of recently there have been cases where my FPS drops down to 80 and it's as if I am experiencing lag without any connection issues.

I am running  a Ryzen 5 3600 CPU and a NVIDIA GTX 1070

If any other information is needed, let me know.

Message 14 of 31 (8,895 Views)

★★★ Newbie

All I had to do was turn anti-aliasing to none instead of tsaa

Message 15 of 31 (8,769 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Ok I might have a solution after extesive research on different forums of Nvidia and Itel.

I have solved my fps drop issue when i activated my vsync to adaptive from none and it helped me and now i am capped at 120fps which is my monitor refresh rate well this also might need a gsync monitor which i have.

Also the the fps dont drop now.

Hope this helps.

Thanks

Message 16 of 31 (8,721 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@Sucharaka yes !!!
my fps drops to 2- 10 but it happens after the match and while selecting legends and rarely in fights
it happens every time....Searched in YouTube to fix this issue never found : (
Message 17 of 31 (8,473 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@Sucharaka Hii
I use GTX 1050 ti i have the same issue only while selecting legends and after the match fps drops to 5 - 10 and very rarely in match.
ggs!
Message 18 of 31 (8,470 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@x_DOPE_x_0319 Same issue
Message 19 of 31 (8,467 Views)

★★ Novice
@x_DOPE_x_0319 Did you try adaptive vsync?
Message 20 of 31 (8,415 Views)