Apex Legends FPSLAG all of a sudden, was fine before

by Cynicalic

Original Post

Apex Legends FPSLAG all of a sudden, was fine before

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

So two days ago my Apex legends was working perfectly. I've been playing for about 500 hours without any troubles at all. The game WAS smooth and I had a very enjoyable time. But yesterday I had a windows update and after that update my drivers for AMD GPU were removed for some reason so I had to reinstall a fresh version of the newest drivers too.

My first issue was lagging when moving the mouse, I tried setting Mouse polling to 500 but that didn't help as some had said so I looked around more but nothing. I then sat it to 125hz and now the mouse stuttering is gone thank god. But one issue still remains, my game is FPS lagging. I usually have around 70-90 FPS when in the dropship but it has never lagged even though I'm on a 144hz, always been smooth as a babies butt. Now it's insanely laggy and when I drop to the ground it's also laggy as hell, playable? Yeah maybe, fun? No. It seems like my avg FPS has dropped down. I have not changed any settings, I have the best FPS settings in game possible.

I don't know if it has anything to do with Origin because Origin itself is kind of laggy all of a sudden and lags up my computer and I've tried reinstalling it but it didn't help.

------------------------------------------------------

Gamemode and DVR is disabled

These are my Autoexec commands

r_shadows 0
r_fullscreen 1
mat_screen_blur_enabled 0
r_particle_timescale 3
mat_compressedtextures 1
cl_ragdoll_collide 0
hud_settings_minimapRotate 1
m_rawinput 1

These are my launch commands

+cl_maxfps 300 -freq 144 -fullscreen -forcenovsync +exec autoexec +cl_showfps 4 -novid

This is my Spec

Intel Core i7-7700K

MSI RX 480 GAMING X

MSI Z270 TOMAHAWK (MS-7A68)

16GB DDR4 SDRAM Dual-Channel

Microsoft Windows 10 Professional (x64)

------------------------------------------------------

And as said it has all worked fine until two days ago I've tried so much but to no avail. Yesterday I had a few games that worked perfectly fine, 7/10 were lagging but after a few restarts on apex it worked again. But today it's totally unplayable. I've been sitting here for 5 hours straight trying to find a solution.

Message 1 of 1 (138 Views)