Apex Legends: FPS Drop, Memory Leak.

by Slade431

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Apex Legends: FPS Drop, Memory Leak.

★★★ Novice

I've recently downloaded Apex Legends onto my PC. Note, my current PC may-not be up to most these days with the latest graphics cards, however. I run into currently zero issues with any-games besides this one. As soon as I start up the game and enter the Menu, my FPS take a huge tole, dropping dramatically. I've even gone to settings and put everything to the lowest possible. Entering training mode, I'm shocked to get anything higher than a mere 15 FPS, that's absolutely un-playable. I went to Task Manager and saw that there's a possible Memory-Leak for this game when started. Anyway to fix, please help. 

Graphics Card: Nvidia GTX 1070

Ram: 16 GB

Intel i7

ETC.

Message 1 of 6 (32,612 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Apex Legends: FPS Drop, Memory Leak.

★★★ Novice

Try this Method, see if it works for you it might be a temporary fix however. Right-Click on your Desktop and click Nvidia Control Panel, go to Apex Legends and Edit your Game Settings through there. 

View in thread

Message 5 of 6 (28,983 Views)

All Replies

★★ Novice
Make sure that the game uses your nvidia card and not intel card, you can change that in Nvidia Control Panel.
Message 2 of 6 (32,507 Views)

★★★ Novice

It's runnin' off of Nvidia, problem still insist on happening. But thank you for the response. 

Message 3 of 6 (29,329 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I have the same problem, reinstall nvidia drivers fix the problem to the next restart PC after restart this the problem is back and I need reinstall drivers to play the game and I don't have idea I have no idea if this is a PC/drivers/game problem.

Message 4 of 6 (29,302 Views)

★★★ Novice

Try this Method, see if it works for you it might be a temporary fix however. Right-Click on your Desktop and click Nvidia Control Panel, go to Apex Legends and Edit your Game Settings through there. 

Message 5 of 6 (28,984 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

@Slade431 wrote:

You mean the Nvidia Geforce Experience? Since the Nvidia's Control Panel is meant for the GPU settings

Message 6 of 6 (25,984 Views)