Re: Apex Legends EasyAntiCheat - Unknown file Version(r5apex.exe) Error

by ronnieshooter

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Apex Legends EasyAntiCheat - Unknown file Version(r5apex.exe) Error

★★★ Novice

Good day

Hope someone can help me. After the Season 2 update of apex legends I have a problem. When I launch the game, its starts to load with the easy anti cheats, at the end I get the attached error before the game launch. I've tried the repair game and it also redownloaded the entire update again. I've also tried the easyanticheat repair option, setting the compatibility options to windows 7 and 8 and running as administrator.

PC info:

Windows 10 Pro

Intel Core i5-3470 3.20Ghz

8GB DDR3 

64bit

500GB SSD

Geforce 660TI

Message 1 of 12 (18,025 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★ Novice

So I resolved my problem myself. What I did was under program files(x86), the Origin Games folder I renamed to Origin Games.old. Then open the Origin client, and then the client created a new folder and redownloaded the game and my problem was resolved. I've tried al that option you get on youtbue and google of repairing the easyanticheat and the game etc, but non of those helped/worked for me. Everytime I repair the game it's redownloading the update. So then I tried moving the came to another folder and then I got all these weird errors of access denied and also path invalid or no path found. Thats when I decided rename the folder so that the client creates new folder en download the game again. Hope this help someone.

View in thread

Message 4 of 12 (17,938 Views)

All Replies

★ Novice

I have the same situation. redownloaded the game twice and repaired anticheat . nothing helps

Message 2 of 12 (17,994 Views)

★★ Novice

I have this situation plz help...

Message 3 of 12 (17,972 Views)

★★★ Novice

So I resolved my problem myself. What I did was under program files(x86), the Origin Games folder I renamed to Origin Games.old. Then open the Origin client, and then the client created a new folder and redownloaded the game and my problem was resolved. I've tried al that option you get on youtbue and google of repairing the easyanticheat and the game etc, but non of those helped/worked for me. Everytime I repair the game it's redownloading the update. So then I tried moving the came to another folder and then I got all these weird errors of access denied and also path invalid or no path found. Thats when I decided rename the folder so that the client creates new folder en download the game again. Hope this help someone.

Message 4 of 12 (17,939 Views)

★★★ Novice
Message 5 of 12 (17,760 Views)

★★★ Novice
@DeekayaPs1na try the following:

Exit Origin client, then rename the Origin Games Folder under Program File(x86) to Origin Games.old and the open Origin again so that the client creates a new folder, the game will then download again. Let it download and check if you problem is resolved. This worked for me.
Message 6 of 12 (17,752 Views)

★ Novice
@T0t3m90_ZA Yup! It worked for me aswell, thanks for sharing it because i saw it way to late, haha.
Message 7 of 12 (15,921 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I renamed the folder to Origin games.old then origin created a new folder then I copied the files from the Origin games.old folder then it worked. I dont know how did only renaming the folder could help me but it [Admin - removed] fixed it. Thanks!!!!

Message 8 of 12 (13,673 Views)

★ Novice
@DeekayaPs1na just download 2015 2019 drivers and done
Message 9 of 12 (11,972 Views)

★ Novice

i did that too and it worked. After i restarted my pc it gave the same freaking error. why is origin and ea so buggy. Easy anti cheat too

Message 10 of 12 (11,829 Views)