Re: Apex Legends Crashing

by Orbnotacus

Original Post

Community Manager (retired)

@Orbnotacus this and the previous crash are both in nVidia's driver again, in a thread they created. Your last crash is something in our code, but I haven't had a chance to decypher it yet.

Message 11 of 32 (510 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Is there anything I can do on my end to fix either the Direct3D driver or nVidia driver issues?

Do you happen to know if an older nVidia driver would be more stable for Apex?

I really appreciate the speedy reply, and I'll continue to post any crash reports I get here. 

Thanks again.

Message 12 of 32 (487 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Also, I have most of my graphics settings set to low or bare minimum, My computer should be able to handle almost max settings, but with crashes I lowered everything in a desperate attempt.  Does it actually matter? Or can I put them back up?

Message 13 of 32 (485 Views)

@Orbnotacus, this last crash is different than the others, and may give a clue. It's crashing at an instruction address that's in the middle of an instruction, and it doesn't have any call stack for what functions called this code.

Are you overclocking your CPU by any chance?

Message 14 of 32 (474 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@OrioStorm Nope. default everything.
Message 15 of 32 (473 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@OrioStorm I've crashed 3 times today, and each time without a crash report. The game just closes and I'm back to desktop.
Message 16 of 32 (461 Views)

@Orbnotacus, I think the most likely explanation for your symptoms is that something in your hardware is starting to fail. I don't know of any way that our code can disappear to the desktop without triggering our crash handler. For Windows to kill the program like that, I believe you need to crash in a driver or on hardware like the GPU. And it looks like you're getting a LOT of crashes, but they are rarely the same as each other, and they're often peculiar.

Believe me, I'd much prefer to be able to tell you something simpler, such as "Oh I see a bug in our code", or "that's just your graphics driver". But your symptoms are just too broad.

That said, I'll still look at any other crash reports you have. Maybe we'll get lucky?

Message 17 of 32 (448 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Hahahaa, Right on. I guess I'll just keep the crash reports coming and we'll see what happens. 

Thanks.

Message 18 of 32 (441 Views)

★★ Expert

Reinstall and don't use afterburner, other than increasing your fan speed!

Heart

Message 19 of 32 (437 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@jumanjaydazed I never tried a full reinstall. I tried repairing it on several occasions though. And the only programs running when I play Apex are, Origin (duh), Discord, and nvidia.
Message 20 of 32 (426 Views)