Apex Legends Crashing "black screen"

by Freedomcobra89

Original Post

Apex Legends Crashing "black screen"

★ Novice

I've been experiencing this issue since launch. I will be playing the game and sometimes and more frequently the game will either freeze kick me or just black screen crash to my desktop. I have set anti cheat to low priority, i have capped frames, i have lowered graphics, i have reinstalled to both SD and Hard Drive. Still have these issues. Is there any help out there? 

Message 1 of 6 (4,513 Views)

Re: Apex Legends Crashing "black screen"

EA DICE Team
Hey, make sure that all drivers for windows and your gpu drivers are up to date. 

You can also try to do a clean boot to see if there any programs messing with Apex  and turn off any overlay programs for example Discord or Nvidia experience.

Can you upload a Dxdiag so we can see what hardware and drivers you are using. 

Let me know if this works or not for you. Standard smile

/Atic
Message 2 of 6 (4,477 Views)

★ Pro
Post a screenshot of your visual c++ installed in windows programs.. If you have a low to mid range card try nvidia driver 399.24 (not if u have amd gpu ofcourse)
Message 3 of 6 (4,463 Views)

★ Novice

I'm getting the same issue. here's my dxdiag. after crashing I have to completely reboot my computer

Message 4 of 6 (3,693 Views)

★ Apprentice
@Galvinish @Freedomcobra89 Did you find a fix? I seems to give customers the blame but the problem is still here while it only is in Apex legends and not affecting other games.
Message 5 of 6 (3,024 Views)

★★★ Newbie

My apex black screens really often! Did it yesterday 3 times and today 3 times! Cant even play the game and i have to fully restart my pc to play again! Not worth playing again tho cuz these black screens kill me! Please fix!

Message 6 of 6 (1,480 Views)