Re: Apex Legends Crash no error - PC

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

@givemeurmel0ns Nice coincidence!

Message 41 of 104 (8,844 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hello everyone!

Not sure if this has been mentioned in the thread, but I've tried something and so far, have not yet crashed. I went into Windows Defender settings and turned firewall off. I tried this with and without all Radeon software running.

System specs:

Ryzen 3 2200G

16GB 2400 MHz RAM

MSI RX 570 Gaming 4GB

Message 42 of 104 (8,735 Views)

★★★ Novice

Guys,
Try uninstalling MS update kb4482887.. After implementing all your so called fixes, nothing worked but this did the trick:

Microsoft did confirm a lot of games are affected by it and a lot of gamers reported that Apex stopped crashing after uninstalling it.
Message 43 of 104 (8,701 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

why is it take over 2 months to fix a single bug?

Message 44 of 104 (8,582 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Right so just * the game's performance to unplayable levels in order to not crash. Got it. 

Message 45 of 104 (8,340 Views)

★★ Novice

Just try put apex legends and origin on high priority. I didn't get a single crash after i put both on high.

I did try and change back to normal priority but then i crash a couple of times. 

Dont just put apex on high because then on startscreen they say you need to restart origin because of update. i fixed that by putting origin on high and never get that again.

Message 46 of 104 (8,250 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Thanks for the info but unfortunately this doesn’t help. My specs are better than op, I run most of my games on mid- high graphics. (Mostly blizzard and steam games) this is the only game that gives performance issues...I’ve yet to hear any word about these crashes with no error and “no fix”. If EA has addressed this issue please provide any info that you can, thanks!

Message 47 of 104 (8,150 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I´m getting the feeling this has something to do with the AMD R9 Series. I got a R9 380 sapphire and have the same crashing issue. Tried absolutely EVERYTHING but meanwhile i am just sick of trying and just uninstalled. there are more games in this world that would be worth more hassle than that. it´s really sad though since it worked no problem when it first came out. played days without issues. after the first updater though... broken *

Message 48 of 104 (8,084 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I think you could be right to be honest. 

My crashing is that it simply freezes up and goes to the desktop. R9 290

I have found just ONE fix in all the ones i've tried, and honestly I'm not 100% happy with it, but it's playable for now and i've not crashed in days (around 10-15 hours of gameplay)]

Keep tweaking the FPS_MAX XX until you find a framerate that doesn't crash.

For me it was 71, I started it at 50 and it didn't crash for an hour, as opposed to crashing every 1-3 games. I then went up in multiples of 10 every single game (a little tedious initially) 

Soon as I got to 80 I had a random crash and so I went down in multiples of 5 and so on. Ended up at 71 so far and no crashes. 

Annoyingly I have a 144HZ monitor so I like to squeeze out every frame, but for now, no crashes. 

Other things to note

I have graphics all on low, with model detail high and FOV at max (just my preference) 

Full screen res

Discord

I have disabled all Origin overlay and settings, but again that's preference, i'm not sure if that affects the game

Properties of Origin and Apex are run as Admins and disabling the full screen optimization thingy.

Hope this works as I keep joining squads and see people disconnect randomly #feelsbad.

Message 49 of 104 (7,946 Views)

★★ Guide

I can't find Easy Anti Cheat process in my Win 7 x64 Task Manager?

Have they hidden it now?

Message 50 of 104 (7,930 Views)