Re: Apex Legends Crash no error - PC

by duraijeeva

Original Post

★★★ Newbie

I wanted to explain something I have seen a couple of times with Apex legend and other high framerate games. the BSOD happens when the game initially launches or when the fragment levels get high. if there is no code given it is most likely the power supply is large enough to run the PC under normal use, but not big enough for a large graphics card to run at full draw. I had this happening with a 600w power supply. I upgraded to a 750w and have no problems since. Cheers! 

Message 71 of 104 (8,333 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I keep having this same issue more often since last week. i dont think its got much to do with specs more so the game at this point cause my computer should never have an issue with this game.

Message 72 of 104 (8,150 Views)

★★★ Novice

I don't know if this will help everyone but it solved it for me.  My PC has RAM with a speed of 3400mhz.  To get it to run at that speed I had enabled the XMP profile in my bios.  When I tuned off XMP and manually set it to the max motherboard/processor Ram speed of 2666mhz the crashes stopped.  I have literally not crashed since I did this and before it was crashing pretty much every round I tried.  I should also mention I disabled all overclocking, RAM, CPU (i7 8700k) and GPU (RTX 2060 OC).

Message 73 of 104 (8,010 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have noticed the same issue with apex legends and found this guide really helpful,  Everyone should check this if you have this error apex legends crashing without error. There are more than 10 ways where this could cause this issue.

Message 74 of 104 (7,913 Views)

★ Novice

I fixed it with turning my LED lights on my computer off in bios no more crashes and it fixed my friends also so give that a try.

Message 75 of 104 (7,434 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Ive put out one of case fans and glued it behind monitor on rear panel where gets warn , and guess what , no crashes Standard smile

Message 76 of 104 (7,409 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I've read a ton of threads on Apex crashes, and I've been building and overclocking PCs for more than 2 decades (3 really).  So, I know a thing or two about troubleshooting crashes.

I just wanted to share that I had corrupt pagefile on SSD boot device.. removed it entirely (no paging file) and crashing seems to have abated.

Things I tried that didnt' work:

Various Nvidia drivers (forward and backwards)

Clocking down to stock on 4690k.

Holding steading clock speed on 4690k at various speeds (including default voltage and small incremental steps up)

Water cooling.. holding max fanspeeds.

Holding video card stock with 80% fanspeeds.

Monitoring cpu/video heat, well within normals.

Various windows updates.

Various video settings tweaks.

Enable/disable/uninstall geforce experience/streaming/recording features.

Uninstall/reinstall/verify game.

Swap wireless nic (yeah, yeah, no wired available currently).

It's not a onesize answer, but I thought I'd share in case it helps others.  

Message 77 of 104 (7,268 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Okay, so the pagefile wasn't a perfect 'fix'.  the lockups continued.  after updating again to nvidia driver on 11/26 and things getting even worse.. i rolled all the way back to 4.25.31 nvidia driver (with geforce experience and physx from 11/26 release).  I haven't had a lockup in 2 days (8-10 hours gaming).  Hope it helps!

Message 78 of 104 (7,211 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I run a i9 9900k, 2080ti gpu, game is on my ssd, 32 gigs of RAM, MAG Z390 Tomahawk Motherboard and I crash ALL THE DAMN TIME. Its so annoying. Today I have crashed in 4 ranked games as we were doing really well and left my teammates to fend for themselves. This needs to be fixed, stat. I never had this problem until season 4. Until this season, I NEVER crashed

Message 79 of 104 (6,863 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Which method?

Message 80 of 104 (6,801 Views)