Re: Apex Legends Crash no error - PC

by president-pt

Original Post

★★★ Novice

Just did what you had said and crashed the next game.. I am loving playing Find how to not crash legends!

Message 21 of 104 (15,419 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Okay so i've managed to play 2 days straight (20+ Hours) with solid gaming sessions with only 1 crash and its very promising. (Better than crashing literally every 2nd game)

This might be a hassle but if you follow these steps it may also help you out.

This is what I did:

1. Put all graphic setting AS LOW AS POSSIBLE on apex. ALSO PUT THE ADAPTIVE RESOLUTION FPS TARGET MINIMUM 50 (mine is on 50), if your still crashing try increasing it.

• My settings are attached below look at the photo's

2. Go to your task manager and sort the tasks by name, I ended any processes relating to AMD softwares (like 4 things that had the name either 'Radeon: ....' or 'AMD ....')

• Note: Always do this if you've restarted or just booted up your comp wanting to play Apex
  • It only force closes the AMD software which will turn off the vsync and the other settings enabled for Apex + you can always boot it back up by just searching AMD on search bar so its completely safe dw.

3. Put Easy Anti Cheat on low priority --> Do this by task manager ---> Details ---> Find and right click Easy Anti Cheat --> Priority then put it as low.

4. You have to experiment with the +fps max through the advanced launch options. Mine mainly stopped crashing around 45/50. I started at 80 and kept going down by 5 until it didn't crash anymore. (So in short I put in the advanced launch options "+fps max 45")

5. I turned off ALL OVERLAYS. For me the overlays I turned off were:

• Discord
  • Origin
  • AMD Software (But I think step 2 takes care of this as one of the tasks is named AMD overlay or something like that which you close)

6. Compatibility mode is on WINDOWS 8, and i've also ticked the 'Run as administrator box'

Side Notes:

• Graphics card and Windows is up to date.
  • I know that 45 fps cap is so bad, but I barely notice it tbh, and its better than crashing every game
  • I found that VSYNC of any sort made the crashes worse, as soon as I turned it off it wasn't crashing as much.
  • My game files are in SSD not HDD, so this may have helped the game not crash.
  • You're going to have to live with whatever FPS max you put, i'd recommend just giving up if you go 30 or below and just wait for the patch (Tried it, and it was very bad)
  • I am sure you're aware if you have AMD Phenomenon then you won't be able to play the regardless of whether you do this or not.

I think STEP 2 & 3 did it for me, but give it a go.

ALSO GET THIS SOFTWARE CALLED SPECCY, THE CRASHING MAYBE BECAUSE YOUR GPU/CPU IS OVER-HEATING, and if this is the case then you have to get new computer all together.

Bump up for people to see this, I hope it helps guys Standard smile

Message 22 of 104 (211,177 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

It seems this is an issue with older CPU compatibility. Specifically older quad core i5's without hyper threading. Or older multi-core AMD CPU's. I have an i5-3570k and R9 Nano build that has intermittent crashes. My Ryzen 2600 and GTX 1080 rig never crashes. I've swapped my cards between both, and I get the same result. The Ryzen holds the game up with the Nano, and the I5 falls apart with 1080. We may have to wait for Respawn to optimize the game a little.

Second edit: I know this is most likely true because I have a couple of friends that rock the R9 290. One is coupled with an i5-2500, and the other is with an old as dirt I7-2600K. The game never crashes with the I7. I wouldn't cap the game at 45 frames just to try and play it. That sounds horrible. Just stop playing it until it get sorted out. If ever.

Message 23 of 104 (15,402 Views)

★★★★ Novice

"quad core i5's without hyper threading" [...]

"The Ryzen holds the game up with the Nano, and the I5 falls apart with 1080. We may have to wait for Respawn to optimize the game a little."

Interesting.....

Message 24 of 104 (15,381 Views)

★★★ Newbie

@ #22 "if your CPU or GPU is overheating you have to get a new computer altogether" .. no, you'd just want to clean out the fans and/or install better cooling solutions if that's the case.  Worst-case, replace the CPU or GPU, not the entire computer lol.

Message 25 of 104 (15,372 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

I dont know how about you . But for me it works to turn off microphone completely in sounds. Set core to 4 with Fx6300, set fps_max to some number up to u and your system and no more random crashes no more disconnection on connection lost. What soever. Didn't believe it also cause I tried all those things and nothing helped. This just fixed it. Before every lobby with friends freezes kicked me. Now nothing two days of no problems

Message 26 of 104 (15,358 Views)

★★★ Newbie

4690k, r9 390 here and having random crashes to desktop as well. Our older amd htpc also has this issue as well, my kids won't play this game because of this. Great game, hopefully the developers are compiling this feedback and looking into the issue.

Message 27 of 104 (15,157 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

they will never fix the crash and the errors and game will die , from 15 friends only 1 is playing now ppl tired of  this every game crash and error , i cant even enjoy the game without crash in almost every game i play...............................

Message 28 of 104 (14,605 Views)

★★★ Newbie

tried everything, even reformatted today to find i cant even play 1 game without a crash

running i5 9600k with 1080ti and by the looks of it i5 has been popping up alot on here

Message 29 of 104 (14,335 Views)

★★★ Novice

I have a similiar setup with i5 9600k and a 1070 ti and i had this crash like all of u. I solved putting 417.71 drivers, this command line in origin advanced options "+fps_max 80" , the game launch compatibility Windows 7, disable fullscreen optimization and run as admin. I also disabled vsync ingame. Give it a try! Now i crash like once every two or three days, stable since almost two weeks. I hope u can solve like i did

Message 30 of 104 (13,358 Views)