Apex Legends Crash no error - PC (apex_crash.txt)

by KaolinAngel_TTV

Original Post

Re: Apex Legends Crash no error - PC (apex_crash.txt)

★ Apprentice
@Krushhhhhhh Sry to hear that i also still get crashes but its like once in every 20-30 games so now its tolerable.
Message 841 of 1,214 (1,052 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

After multiple crashes yesterday (10 games 5 crashes) I decided to try the suggested workaround to limit the cores used with "Origin.exe" to just 4 cores, in the affinity settings in task manager. After this I played one game with no issues (this could be placebo), but had to call it a day since it was late. I will be experimenting this workaround more today.

I also experienced a few crashes yesterday with no messages or crash reports, but just Apex.exe closing and throwing me back to the desktop which was new to me. I prevoisly got the "CPU Overclocked/Overheated" error message. I have a 9900K clocked at 4.8Ghz, and I have zero issues in other games.

Anyway I will report back later today/tomorrow, and hopefully will be able to help others experiencing these annyoing crashes.

Message 842 of 1,214 (1,057 Views)

★★★ Novice

Trying this method now as well, I have tried limiting the msconfig | boot | settings to just use 4 of my cores on my 9700k but did not like the input lag and frame lag I was recieving mid game even with v sync enabled.  Testing now- 11:30 AM/ PST

Message 843 of 1,214 (963 Views)

★★★ Novice
@Crad-ik to clarify, I will be trying the 0,2,4,6,7 method in the task list | details| origins > set affinitys tab.
Message 844 of 1,214 (958 Views)

★★★ Novice

so far so good... 2 games and My GPU and CPU are not bottlenecked and lagging like before. My frames are much more consistent and not crashing.  

Message 845 of 1,214 (940 Views)

★★★ Novice

45 MINUTES OF GAMING! THIS MIGHT BE THE BEST SOLUTION YET SO FAR. Thank you for the workaround Standard smile

Message 846 of 1,214 (919 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@Crad-ik Thank you for keep us updated. I’m trying the same workaround. No crashes so far...(1hr)
Message 847 of 1,214 (901 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@Crad-ik I can confirm that limiting the amount of random cores for "Origin.exe" did not work for me. I will now try those specific ones you've pointed out.
Message 848 of 1,214 (866 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I have a i5 8600k with 6 cores (no Hyper Threading) and limiting to 4 cores optimized the game in a strange way.

The first screen loading is wierly super fast. I managed to play 4-5 games without crash, and the game is more fluid overall.

I noticed that there are 1-2 second freezes sometimes. By the way, the fix almost solved some tearing problems I had even with g-sync, and I'm going to re-enable g-sync to see if tearing will completely disappear. Let's hope it doesnt crash in the next games... I'll tell you

EDIT: I was already using G-Sync ^^'

Message 849 of 1,214 (837 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

@tonderr3 games played without crashes. So using cores 0,2,4,6,7 worked, if it's not placebo. Will experiment more tomorrow.

Ps. 3 games won Wink

Message 850 of 1,214 (832 Views)