Apex Legends Crash no error - PC (apex_crash.txt)

by KaolinAngel_TTV

Original Post

Re: Apex Legends Crash no error - PC (apex_crash.txt)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Hello,

I possible have fix for the crash issues (no error, OC/overheating and freezing)

This was thanks to someone who discovered that reducing core count could possible fix the issue but i personally wasn't fond of going to bios and reducing cores.

First EA customer support is completely useless and have no idea how to help ppl. I was told that crashing was fault of Nvidia and had 2 weeks long ticketing with Nvidia with no help and all the steps that i performed and was asked by EA support had no impact whats so ever.

Now to possible fix. We have to change affinity of origin for some reason and not apex.exe. I believe its because EAC is blocking it

Start Origin

Open taskmanager

Go to details section

Locate Origin.exe

Right click it

Select "Set Affinity"

Choose number of cores for processor is used. Im using 0,2,4,6,7

Its too early for me to tell if this actually fixxed issue but so far i have played 7 games without crash.

Message 821 of 1,214 (2,628 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@ELMONEEKERI69 This workaround sounds very absurd, but if it works then rock on. Is there any background information on why changing the affinity for Origin would help but not or apex.exe? Where is this workaround from?
Message 822 of 1,214 (2,612 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

@tonderrIts from idea of lowering core count from bios which earlier on was reported to fix the issue on at least one user

Reason why we lower core count in Origin is because it carries over to Apex. We cannot directly change affinity of Apex but when we lower it in Origin it carries over to Apex too

I have already played aroun 10 games without crashes. Before i crashed 2-3 times per 10 games

Message 823 of 1,214 (2,578 Views)

★★★ Novice

Why there is no ofiicial response from Respawn of EA ? This is a major issue!

Message 824 of 1,214 (2,575 Views)

★ Apprentice
@Jester_zbV Because they're too busy blaming drivers and hardwares to realize that issue is with their game.
Message 825 of 1,214 (2,568 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@ELMONEEKERI69 Thats great if you can just set the affinity in the task manager. I assumed that would not work as the -maxthreads 3 or 4 setting does not stop the freezing.

I was hopeful that the patch yesterday would solve the issue, so I enabled all 8 cores. My game froze about 20 mins in. So I went back in my bios and limited it to 4 cores again which solved the problem at least for last night (I only get to game for a few hours each night).

I will try your solution tonight. At least that way I am still using all 8 cores for everything non Apex.
Message 826 of 1,214 (2,526 Views)

★ Apprentice
@Krushhhhhhh Still too early to celebrate. Im not sure if affinity does same trick as bios settings. So it needs testing but so far good
Message 827 of 1,214 (2,514 Views)

★★★ Novice

just crashed with affinity set to 4 than to 3 and now with 2 so it doesnt work

Message 828 of 1,214 (2,500 Views)

★★★ Novice

Setting affinity to different cpu numbers didn't work for me either, but using game launch option of  -maxthreads 3 did show a significant difference for me. I've only had one crash in like 10 hours of play.

Message 829 of 1,214 (2,484 Views)

★ Apprentice
@Xandervex If i still crash ill try that next. Thanks!
Message 830 of 1,214 (2,465 Views)