Apex Legends Crash no error - PC (apex_crash.txt)

by KaolinAngel_TTV

Original Post

Re: Apex Legends Crash no error - PC (apex_crash.txt)

★★★ Newbie

This issue seems to be related to corrupted assets, these cannot be repaired automatically and therefore you'll have to delete them manually.

Try navigating to this directory:

C:\Users\"Your Username"\Saved Games\Respawn\Apex

Once you're there, remove the "assets" folder, once you've restarted the game it should redownload some of this content.

Message 1211 of 1,214 (1,685 Views)

★★★★ Novice

The problem is in the game 1000% Because:

1) Absolutely all other games (even those that also use AVX) work stably.

2) Many people have this problem when overclocking the CPU, for many years the developers have ignored this problem, they only care about the profit from the game, the opinion of the players or fixing technical problems in the game are of no interest to them at all. It is a fact.

Message 1212 of 1,214 (1,589 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

@SpawN1414 wrote:

The problem is in the game 1000% Because:

1) Absolutely all other games (even those that also use AVX) work stably.

2) Many people have this problem when overclocking the CPU, for many years the developers have ignored this problem, they only care about the profit from the game, the opinion of the players or fixing technical problems in the game are of no interest to them at all. It is a fact.

Not even when overclocking the CPU. It just crashes in general for a lot of people.

Message 1213 of 1,214 (1,558 Views)

★★★ Newbie

So I have been playing Apex since day 1 on origins and it was fine in the beginning until we got to around season 8 (for me at least) that's when the problems with random crashes to desktop started to happen, I have been looking for a fix since then trying all avenues from BIOS to registry files you name it I've tried it but to no avail. Even switching platforms to Steam didn't work, same issue. So I recently upgraded my entire PC components back in early 2021 but again this still didn't fix the issue, a few days ago I installed a new cpu (Intel I9 11900KF) and this has so far fixed the problem for me. I'm not sure what the issue is other than I can only suggest the game just doesn't like cpu's with integrated graphics, i was previously using an I5 7700K and then an I7 10700K but since switching to a KF chipset it seems to have solved the issue for me at least.

I hope this can give some of you closure on the issue I've been trying to resolve for years, in my opinion its the intel chipsets K series which use integrated graphics along side your graphics card I don't know why but there is clearly a conflict issue. I will note this is the only game in my entire game library that has caused me so much grief as I can play more modern games like Cyberpunk or Warzone on max settings with no issues, not even bottle necking.

EA / Respawn - You seriously need to look into this and communicate with Intel for a solution rather than have your player base do it for you, had the crash to desktop given an error log I may have been able to resolve this much sooner.

Message 1214 of 1,214 (1,435 Views)