Apex Legends Crash no error - PC (apex_crash.txt)

by KaolinAngel_TTV

Original Post

Re: Apex Legends Crash no error - PC (apex_crash.txt)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I think you should set the number of cores on "Origin.exe".

Since Apex Legends is a child process of Origin, it will have the same affinity settings.

Message 861 of 1,214 (1,465 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@Crad-ik Please note that I'm not the discoverer of the "affinity" solution so I can't say for sure, but to my understanding setting the cores to 0,2,4,6,7 was supposed to be done for "Origin.exe". So I'd assume you've done it correctly.
Message 862 of 1,214 (1,432 Views)

★ Guide
@Crad-ik except what i mentioned i haven't done anything else and whole weekend atleast 4-5 hours of game a day and no single crash (before crash every 5 games). Don't know maybe for you other background programm is making issues.
Message 863 of 1,214 (1,369 Views)

★ Novice

me helped Avx Config reverse on 2, 9700k (OC 4.9) z390 Gigabyte, 5 games and 0 crashes

Message 864 of 1,214 (1,354 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

@Crad-ikYou can't change core affinity for r5apex.exe because the EAC is blocking it or well you're free to try it but i get access denied but if you change it for origin.exe it will carry over to apex

Also i chose the cores randomly or well based on another game that improved performance. Feel free to try different variations too if ones i used doesn't work

Message 865 of 1,214 (1,195 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Just to let everyone know that after yesterday's 300mb patch, while having set the affinity for "Origin.exe" to cores 0, 2, 4, 6 and 7, I experienced ZERO crashes during the course of 10-12 games. I had one or two 5 second hiccups during a few games, but they are minor compared to having the game crash completely

I will conduct more testing today without changing any affinity settings, to see if the 300mb patch did anything to the game in terms of stability.

PS. Running on i9-9900K @ 4.8Ghz.

Message 866 of 1,214 (1,125 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@tonderr After yesterdays patch, no crashes today WITHOUT messing with the affinity settings. Played around 8 games, I hope you guys have a working game too after the patch.
Message 867 of 1,214 (1,032 Views)

★ Novice

10/15/2019

No issues with this PC prior to recent patch. Error yesterday saved off, and attached is error today. Please resolve this issue. This has been happening every game. Watching the task manager, CPU hits 100% for about 10 seconds and boom toast. ram never bumped over 40% total.

PC with issue

i7-3770K

16gb ram

GTX1060

PC not having issue yet

i7-8700k

16gb ram

GTX1080

all drivers updated.

!!!unknown-module!!!: 00007FFDCA2EB86F
EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION(execute): 00007FFDCA2EB86F
}
cpu: " Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3770K CPU @ 3.50GHz"
ram: 16 // GB

Message 868 of 1,214 (1,000 Views)

★★ Novice

Hello, can someone help me about this crash please.

Message 869 of 1,214 (920 Views)

★ Novice

help me please ... apex always crashing .. either midgame or early game after log in...

Message 870 of 1,214 (828 Views)