Apex Legends Crash no error - PC (apex_crash.txt)

by KaolinAngel_TTV

Original Post

Re: Apex Legends Crash no error - PC (apex_crash.txt)

★★ Novice

After the recent patch, apex crashes constantly ( no error, nothing). I have no problem with more demanding games.
My cpu and gpu aren't OC and everything is working properly. If I or anyone in my team play with octane, the cranes are way more frequent
I have this issues since the game was released. I love the game but this is really getting on my nerve.

Message 1071 of 1,214 (1,666 Views)

★★★ Novice

The same thing is happening to everybody I play with on Xbox. It's the sole reason why I didn't spend $60 on a bundle last week. I'm not giving my money if they can't fix this game breaking issue.

Message 1072 of 1,214 (1,573 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

since last patch, same issue here

Spoiler

Message 1073 of 1,214 (1,557 Views)

★★★ Novice
@TheAcadianGuy Does the game freeze for 10 seconds and then just crashes without any error?
Message 1074 of 1,214 (1,524 Views)

★★ Expert

Game crashes without any error.

Message 1075 of 1,214 (1,508 Views)

★★ Pro
@RNM64506297 well not 10 sec but like 5 sec then it crashes, happens since last patch... everything is updated etc, reinstalled repaired all that kind of bs didnt do anything
Message 1076 of 1,214 (1,388 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Dear all,

I discussed this in another thread regarding Season 6 crashes without errors here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Season-6-unplayable-on-PC-crashes-and-graphics-glitches/m-p/95.... The issue came with the Septhember 12th patch, and it's highly likely that the problem is AGAIN caused by the bad CPU AVX instruction implementation in the game's code.

I managed to get my game stable by going to BIOS and setting my "AVX offset" to "2". After this I'm no longer crashing. This setting (and its naming) can vary a bit depending on the used motherboard.

I can also confirm that if I set my CPU ratio to the stock/default clock speed of 3.6GHz, I'm not crashing either.

My specs are:

Core i9 9900K OC'd to 4.8Ghz (AVX offset 2)

RTX 2080 Ti

32GB DDR4 3200Mhz RAM (2x16GB)

Asrock Z390 Phantom Gaming ITX

I really hope you'll find this helpful, and that you'd try out setting an AVX offset, or by setting your CPU clock speed to default, to see if it helps with the crashing issues.

Message 1077 of 1,214 (1,370 Views)

★★ Pro
@tonderr Thx for the tips
I use a premade msi machine with some overclocking software on it, it was enabled ofc i did turn it off now and will let you know if it helped
Message 1078 of 1,214 (1,342 Views)

★★ Novice

Big shoutout to tonderr!

After 3-4 hours with EA "Advisor(s)" where they really couldn't tell what was the root cause and how to fix the crashing error.

As my CPU OC settings remain untouched where only the AVX Offset parameter has been changed to 2, the issue has been completely resolved. 

EA, please take care to your AVX usage with Apex on PC,  we are all playing with many other games where they are fully capable with AVX.

Message 1079 of 1,214 (1,332 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@matzesingt No problem! Sure let me know how things go.

@NessyHugi That's awesome! It's really starting to look like that the AVX instruction implemenation of this game is the root cause for crsahing issues in Season 6.

This same problem was present in Season 3 and/or 4 (if I recall correctly), and I managed to get around it with the same AVX offset setting, until another Season's patch was released to fix it.

I really hope others find this information helpful as well! Happy gaming!
Message 1080 of 1,214 (1,430 Views)