Re: Apex Legends Crash no error - PC (apex_crash.txt)

by tonderr

Original Post

★★ Novice

same problem here. super frusterating

Message 1121 of 1,214 (1,547 Views)

★★ Novice

Dont know what happened but after the Fight Night updates, I've been crashing every 2-3 games. Anyone got a solution for this? 

Message 1122 of 1,214 (1,489 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

I had the same issue till today, I tried repair, reinstalling with Origin, tried the EA Desktop Beta, all didn't help.

Today, since I had flickering when another program was open, I did a clean uninstall of nvidia Driver and installed the older version 460.89 so far today no crashes, will keep you updated if any appears.

UPDATE: After 20 Games without a crash, I had two today again,... so,...

Message 1123 of 1,214 (1,441 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Hi everyone,

After fixing the crashes I had for multiple seasons, and was fixed with a simple "AVX offset 2" in BIOS, I started crashing again after the "Fight Night" update.

I then decided try something I saw on Twitter and Reddit, which was to set the following command for the launch options in the game's settings: "-numworkerthreads 4".

After that, I've had no crashes and played maybe 20-30 games.

I hope this will help someone experiencing crashes again after the latest event patch.

Message 1124 of 1,214 (1,345 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@tonderr Please note the "-" that is in front of the text
Message 1125 of 1,214 (1,344 Views)

★ Guide
@PotatoBo0 Same for me. Started yesterday. Frown
Message 1126 of 1,214 (1,282 Views)

Community Manager

An update went out today meant to address issue's that recently were reported, can you confirm if this is still happening?

Thanks!

Illium.png

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Message 1127 of 1,214 (1,158 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@EA_Illium I haven't had a crash since, but I had to reinstall since EA Desktop wouldn't let me download the update, I am now back to Origin (I tried EA Desktop in the hopes it might have something to do with the crashes - getting no error message really makes on desperate to check things, along with 4 different graphics drivers).

Since it worked fine for a while when I changed back to driver 460.89, it is too soon say but it looks promising so far (around 10-15 games and no crash)
Message 1128 of 1,214 (1,126 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I also played a good 3 hours today without the "-numworkerthreads 4" command, so the patch seems to have done some good.

Still can't see what I'm writing to my team in lobby, but that's a minor thing compared to the crashes.

I hope everyone else is also now having less crashes.

Message 1129 of 1,214 (1,095 Views)

★ Apprentice

Well... I don't know what to say.  I was happy they finally fixed the crashing issue, but now, i'm getting a black screen crash...

basically my whole screen turns black, i can still shoot, heal, walk etc.. in game but can't see anything.

Even when I go to task manager and end the task, my screen remains blacked out.  Only way to fix it is to restart computer or log out and back in. 

This is ridiculous.  Anyone else experiencing this new crash?

Message 1130 of 1,214 (1,084 Views)