Re: Apex Legends Crash no error - PC (apex_crash.txt)

by Wannnted

Original Post

★★★ Novice
To anyone getting the nvwgf2umx error due to drivers even though you might have the "latest drivers" ( 50% of the time latest drivers don't work but okay) try reverting your OC clock speeds to default or lowering them. Also try playing with your OC software turned off. See if that helps.

Can I just say it's incredible just how many technical problems this game has.
Message 351 of 1,214 (7,669 Views)

★★★ Novice

So I don't play because I am getting high latency and EXTREME stutter (In Training mode I don't get stutters just High latency, and also I am getting high fps so it's not an fps issue) but I run the game to test it out after attempting to fix it and it crashes after a few minutes.

I know you can't help with the the stuttering and high latency but just to have it on record I have tried restarting my modem, I run a wire connection, I tested my internet connection and I get 200mb download speed and 15ping, I am not downloading anything in the backgroud nor am I running any other applications/software/whatever in the background so wtf.

Anyway back to the other issue, crashing. I've posted the apex_crash text file. Not really sure what it means,  I tried googling the errors but I had no luck in finding anything.       

Message 352 of 1,214 (7,672 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

@ZeroIncoming that crash happened when freeing memory, but it's hard to see how things got into an invalid state. I've reported a bug.

Message 353 of 1,214 (7,664 Views)

Re: bug log after closing game

@gg123xyz that's a crash in Microsoft's text-to-speech code. We have a potential fix that should be released in the 2.0.0 patch, with season 2.

Message 354 of 1,214 (7,654 Views)

@LordParzival that crash is in Microsoft's Direct3D 11 driver when we called CSSetUnorderedAccessViews, and it says that it crashed with an invalid instruction. We call that function a lot. If it crashes every time you run the game, then it's probably a corrupt Direct3D install. If you can play a match or training for even a few seconds, then it's probably something with your system, either from overclocking or from memory starting to go bad or something like that.

Message 355 of 1,214 (7,651 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I can't play Apex legends without one or two crash before the MAJ. When now I crash each game. I played two games since the realese of the patch. First one crashed after 5min it was a dman promising game. :'(

The second one crashed during the drop, in the air when I split from my mates.

I'm giving up even if I love this game, please help me to found a solution !

Message 356 of 1,214 (7,632 Views)

@xWretchedEgg I'm sorry to hear that you've been crashing. I haven't seen any other crash reports like this one. I've reported a bug for this crash and forwarded it to the engineer most familiar with that code.

Thank you for the crash report; hopefully we can figure out what happened. It looks like it could be memory corruption or a thread race condition, which are hard bugs to track down. So, if you have any other crash reports, I'd love to see them; they could give important additional clues.

Message 357 of 1,214 (7,624 Views)

★★ Novice

I have this new one: D3D11 it occurs when I opened a dead box.

First time i have it. This was my 4th game I tried. The 3th one was good. So 3 crash on 4 games.

---------------------------
Apex Crash Message
Apex crashed in d3d11.

More technical information should be available in "apex_crash.txt" in your Documents folder.

Ctrl+C in this window will copy this message so you can paste it as text.

OK

Message 358 of 1,214 (7,601 Views)

@xWretchedEgg, as you noticed, that's a different crash. In this case, it said that it tried to execute an invalid instruction in Microsoft's d3d11.dll (for Direct3D 11). Our code just called "Unmap" on a buffer. This is something that our game does frequently every frame. It really shouldn't be able to generate an "illegal instruction" exception; the function doesn't change from one callt to the next, and it should only consist of legal instructions.

Since it doesn't immediately happen for you whenever you try to run the game, that rules out your d3d11.dll being corrupted. The next things to rule out would be overclocking or memory that's starting to go bad (which are two things that can cause code to work millions of times and then fail mysteriously).

Message 359 of 1,214 (7,584 Views)

★★ Guide

Yesterday I was able to play without any issues.

I didn't made any changes, today I simply just wasn't able to play Apex, everytime I start the game, I'm unable to get past the black loading screen with the looping red Apex logo in the bottom right, the game just closes, no error message.

I already repaired the game on Origin, uninstalled origin/apex/Microsoft C++.

Message 360 of 1,214 (7,568 Views)