Re: CRASHING NON STOP

by HilariousBabyTTV

Original Post

Re: Apex Legends Crash no error - PC (apex_crash.txt)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

what the helll does all this mean i've had the same problem it just switches off after like five games does anyone know how to fix it

Message 211 of 1,214 (788 Views)

Re: Apex Legends Crash no error - PC (apex_crash.txt)

★ Apprentice

@GETSEBSTERED  Same issue after 2hrs of fun games. Disconnects for me..

Message 212 of 1,214 (759 Views)

★★★ Newbie

New to this forum so sorry if i'm replying "wrong" here.

I've been also getting random crashes since saturday, i've never ever had a crash on this game before and i don't know how to proceed since the logs doesn't really say much, atleast to me.

Attached is the latest crash log.

Would be greatly appreciated if someone can explain why or try to help me out Standard smile

Verified the game files and also reinstalled the game, bought a new CPU Cooler as i read from earlier reply's it might have been the cpu overheating, now my cpu is old but it's not overheating..

(Needed a new cooler anyways since the old one was well, really old) Standard smile

Thanks!

Message 213 of 1,214 (727 Views)

★ Apprentice

@OrioStorm  Found out my PC specs, Also Im having trouble finding an actual apex crash.txt  Do you think this might have something to do with my issue not being a crash, but an actual disconnect?

Processor: AMD Fx(tm)-6300 Six Core Processor 3.50Ghz

GPU: Nividia Geforce Gtx1050

Installed Ram: 8gb

and Windows 10

Message 214 of 1,214 (719 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

@St4raway, your crash is in some module besides Apex, but Windows didn't tell us the name of the DLL when we asked for it, so I don't know what is crashing.

Message 215 of 1,214 (702 Views)

@B0bbyBiraciall, your issue is a disconnect, not a crash. They're similar from a player's perspective (you can't play the game), but you're right that they are caused by different things and have different error reporting, so you're right that this is why you don't have an apex_crash.txt. In fact, if you don't have that file, it means you've never actually crashed, which is a good thing!

Now, I see you joked about switching from wired ethernet to WiFi to try to fix the disconnects ;-) I didn't know you were on a wired connection, or else I wouldn't have suggested WiFi as the problem. As you know, wired connections are faster and more stable than wireless ones, so you should always use wired ethernet when you can.

That said, I still don't know enough to help you solve your disconnects. It would be helpful to know if you disconnect while playing the game or if you disconnect while loading into a match.

-- If you disconnect while loading into a match, it could be that it takes you too long to load. If this is when it happens, how long does it usually take you to go from the lobby to the drop ship?

-- If you disconnect while in a game, that's almost always a problem somewhere between you and your ISP (this is known as "last mile" I believe). I actually don't know how to diagnose and fix these sorts of issues, since I've never had to do it personally or professionally. Maybe try having a web page open and refreshing it when your game disconnects to see if you still have good internet access? I'd recommend using a web page that changes often, like social media or news, so you can be sure it actually refreshed and didn't just show you cached information already on your PC.

Message 216 of 1,214 (696 Views)

@CulturalBaby, your crash is in the 3rd party audio library we use. I'm forwarding the information to them. Thanks for the crash report!

Message 217 of 1,214 (690 Views)

@Ruon-21, this is a crash I haven't seen before. Thanks!

There are two addresses to consider:

0x00007FF7BD29FCE0 -- this is the address of the function we wanted to call.

0x40007FF7BD29FCE0 -- this is the address we actually tried to call.

Under 64-bit Windows, memory addresses starting with 0x4 are invalid, so Windows says you got a memory access violation at address 0xFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF. This is a magic address that the OS reports whenever there is a memory violation you can detect just by looking at the memory address without even trying to look at the memory that the address points to. An analogy would be the post office recognizing that you put a haiku instead of a recipient address on an envelope, so they don't even bother putting it on a truck to find the house.

You'll notice that the only difference between the correct address and the address we tried to call is that the first digit is a 4 instead of a 0. In binary, that's a single bit difference. I don't know any way that the code that fills in this memory could toggle that bit, so it suggests that some other random code is changing that bit behind our back. This sort of bug is really hard to fix without a repro case and/or lots of crash reports.

Message 218 of 1,214 (684 Views)

@Ruon-21, this is another unique crash I've never seen before. Thanks! I've added it to our bug database.

Suspiciously, in this bug, it looks like RSI is 0x40000290, which is clearly an invalid value and causes the crash. However, 0x00000290 would be a valid value. Just like your last bug, it looks like something changed a 0 to a 4, which is again setting a single bit.

Message 219 of 1,214 (680 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Hi @OrioStorm thanks alot for responding, truly means the world! Standard smile

Is there anything i can do to "workaround" this issue?

Just got another crash, looks like the same error codes but attaching none the less Standard smile

Is there anyway we will get notified about when these issues are resolved?

Message 220 of 1,214 (673 Views)