Re: Apex Legends Crash no error - PC (apex_crash.txt)

by OrioStorm

Original Post

★★ Novice

I don't doubt that the overclock is the issue, just hard for me to give up my overclock, or even lower it a tad over something I have zero money invested into when things I do pay for work as intended. Who knows maybe I'll give it a go, but there are other battle royal games out there if I needed to scratch that itch. Ill frequent this thread to see if any news comes out.

Message 121 of 1,214 (1,250 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Hi @OrioStorm Thank you for the well-detailed and scientific explanation on your theories for the said crashes. Mine's a 9900k OCd to 4.8 @1.21V. I was wondering if mine's the same case as the most people here. 

Message 122 of 1,214 (1,170 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

@TheCoachPotato You have the same “OC” crash according to your file:

R5Apex: 00000000002F2DCA
	EXCEPTION_BREAKPOINT: 80000003

I have the same CPU, you’ll want to increase your VCore. Anything below 1.23v causes parity errors for me. I need 1.25-1.26v while playing at 4.8GHz.

I suggest increasing your VCore in the BIOS to 1.28v so you get at least 1.25v to your CPU with VDroop.

I’m haven’t crashed since lowering my CPU from 5GHz @ 1.35v to 4.8GHz @ 1.28v. Probably played at least 20 hours with zero issues.

Hope this helps you or anyone else reading this thread.

Message 123 of 1,214 (1,152 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

@MrDakk  Thanks for the tip! Might try it although I did try before adding an avx offset of 1 at 4.9 GHZ 1.25V  and it did not crash for at least a day. Thing is, my other games are fine (BF5, RS6, Witcher 3 etc) with my overclock (4.8 ang 4.9 GHZ) including my other benchmark tools. Here's waiting for Respawn Dev team to release a patch to rectify this or better yet, Intel patches it up via an OS update. 

Message 124 of 1,214 (1,143 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Removed overclock, still crashes @OrioStorm 

Message 125 of 1,214 (1,039 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

@27_Lunchbox 

What are you current BIOS settings? voltages, clock speed, etc.

Message 126 of 1,214 (1,037 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

@Lunchb0x88, unfortunately, it seems that this clock speed issue can happen even without overclocking and just using Intel SpeedStep.

Message 127 of 1,214 (1,028 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

@MrDakk That try was at stock auto clocks with stock auto voltage. But it also crashes at my very stable 5.0ghz overclock that crash on any game or prime 95. 
5.0ghz 1.285v

Custom loop watercooled (heakiller block, 2x 360mm rads)

@OrioStorm Thats...disappointing. Why is it only this game and nothing else?

Message 128 of 1,214 (1,015 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

@Lunchb0x88, it appears to be related to an exact instruction sequence, rather than to overworking the CPU. In simple terms, the CPU is doing a step internally, and the next step thinks the first step is done, but it's not. So, the second step uses half-done results that cause crashes. Lowering the clock speed gives the CPU enough time to finish the first step before the second step uses its results.

Message 129 of 1,214 (1,009 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

@OrioStorm I understand what you are saying, but there are tons of people with the same processors running at the same stock speeds that arent crashing in this game. One of my main squad mates is running 8700k and never crashes.

Message 130 of 1,214 (1,345 Views)