Re: Apex Legends Crash no error - PC (apex_crash.txt)

by CroL0co

Original Post

Highlighted

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

I wasn't posting anything because my game was running perfectly after the patch before one month. The MSI and Anticheat fixes didn't help, but the patch afterwards helped, I was able to turn down my voltage 0.04v.
However after yesterday's patch, I guess the one that fixes people not getting the charm from the EALive event, the game started crashing again and I have to add more voltage once again. Same story every time, one patch is fine, the other suxx. Luckily Season 10 is few days away so maybe they fix their mess there.

Message 1201 of 1,214 (2,554 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Crashing again, too. My experiences are about the same. I've never had crashing after a season update so I'm happy to wait a week.

Message 1202 of 1,214 (2,540 Views)

★★★ Novice

look there is THOUSANDS OF THESE ISSUES and they choose not to address them they would rather address the new items out to spend money on but guess what if i cant get into the game then how can i spend money? A MONTH of this and all the "experts" can say is wait for a patch... ive waited thru 2 and bet season 10 wont be any better

Message 1203 of 1,214 (2,416 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

And the hotfix patch broke it again. Crashed promptly after looting fragment on my first game after no issues for the entire launch of the season. The game was working perfectly fine for the week after season 10 dropped. This is unacceptable and it happens every single season.

Message 1204 of 1,214 (2,254 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I have the exact same issue. Downloaded the game again after years to play with some friends and at first it was fine, but then for the last 2-3 weeks the game just instantly crashes when I join a match. Pretty much unplayable at this point.

Message 1205 of 1,214 (2,141 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Your crashing sounds more aggressive than mine. I recommend making a new thread and seeing if EA support will help you. This one is long ignored.

Message 1206 of 1,214 (2,118 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

I'm currently having an issue with Apex legends , where the game just crashes randomly - I cant seem to pin point the exact cause it happens randomly - but definitely happens when there is a lot of activity happening in the game , shooting ect.. 

this happens on both clients - origin and steam versions of the game - the files are separate i downloaded them each separately.

Steps i have taken so far without resolve:

• Re-installed windows 10 - 21H1
  • Uninstalled the game cleared settings & re-downloaded & installed.
  • Uninstalled all recent windows Updates 
  • Rolled back my GPU Nvidia graphics driver to 2 previous versions that i was playing fine on before new windows installation. 
  • Capped in-game FPS using  +fps_max 180 aswell as trying the MSI afterburner frame limiter - riva statistics  (no change enabled or disabled)
  • Removed all launch commands on both Steam & origin - (+exec autoexec -dev +fps_max 180 -console -cl_forcepreload -refresh 240 -forcenovsync -novid +gfx_nvnUseLowLatency 1)
  • Tried with Vsync disabled and enabled.
  • Tried resetting to default graphic settings. 
  • Set game to run as administrator & disabled fullscreen optimizations. 
  • After trying all these things nothing has changed game still randomly crashes - i have noticed it happens more often when partied with a teammate. 

MY PC Specs:

• i9-9900KF no overclock 
  • GTX1080Ti  MSI Armour no overclock 
  • 16gb RAM
  • 256GB NVMe M.2 SSD , 2TB SATA SSD

My Thoughts (What might be causing the issue): 

1. My game settings 
  2. Software installed on my PC
  3. Windows Installation
  4. Main Suspicion - Season 10 Update is broken or bugged with certain hardware / setups / latency. 

I've been playing the game since season 0 without any issues. This is the first season for something like this to affect me. 

The fact that there is no - apex_crash.txt   is suspicious though , surely there must be an exception handler to log these things? 

Message 1207 of 1,214 (2,081 Views)

★★★★ Novice

The week S10 launched was bliss, as soon as they put out the first small patch it brought the crashing back its absurd how this hasn't been addressed anywhere

Message 1208 of 1,214 (1,999 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
@Bdiggyd0g Right? The first week was smooth but they put the prowler damage nerf patch out a week after season launch and it broke the game already.
Message 1209 of 1,214 (1,932 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Did you find any answers I’m having the same problem 

Message 1210 of 1,214 (1,132 Views)