Re: Apex Legends Crash no error - PC (apex_crash.txt)

by CasePB

Original Post

★★★★★ Novice
@NotQuinnen found a solution for me without downclocking. winkey + r -> cleanmgr -> select windows drive -> uncheck everything u really need (downloads folder for example).. after that i restarted and my problems were gone. played 5 games in a row without crash today
Message 1151 of 1,214 (2,356 Views)

★★★ Novice

I managed to play two or three games without crashing after following your advice, not conclusive but a start.

Message 1152 of 1,214 (2,255 Views)

Re: Apex Легенды Аварии без ошибок - PC (apex_crash.txt)

★ Apprentice

Same problem but i dont get apex_crash.txt file, only crash dumps in game folder. There are no regularities of errors. I play through Steam.

Message 1153 of 1,214 (2,221 Views)

★★★ Novice

You should try running "cleanmgr" through winkey+r/winkey+s, choose your windows drive and then check all the boxes, that enabled me to play ten or so games (as of now) without a single crash. It probably has something to with the directx shadow cache, I mean why would any of the other files impact Apex?

Message 1154 of 1,214 (2,218 Views)

★★★ Novice

Okay, just had my first crash after cleaning my disc. Frown

Message 1155 of 1,214 (2,199 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I tried different things those days, and i found that discord was the thing who gave me randoms crashes. Some of you can test this solution?

Message 1156 of 1,214 (2,112 Views)

★ Apprentice

The problem arises in a strange way. She is either absent for a long time, or she appears several times a day.

Message 1157 of 1,214 (1,664 Views)

★ Apprentice

I just got a 3090 and I'm now getting random crashes.  Had a 2080 before and never crashed once.

Message 1158 of 1,214 (1,290 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Same. Started crashing on 05/17/2021. no errors, just straight to desktop.

Message 1159 of 1,214 (1,254 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Just had 2 crashes straight to desktop too, but I analysed the .dmp file with WinDbg and it's still due to some Invalid Pointer Error with D3D11.dll.

I've since installed DirectX Runtimes from June 2010 because I read they could help with some games, otherwise not sure what else I can do.. everything else is up to date.

I've uninstalled Apex and trying a reinstall over tonight, because I'm always skeptical when it updates over old files anyway.. such a buggy game but I love it Frown

Specs:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1kXUPaZo_DanfqcVyeRu0-IxuClcavpon/view

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1LlimesV1PMUiutm1u7Uv23mCq5YQ2r6-/view

P.S. The errors should be saved under Steam\steamapps\common\Apex Legends\Crashpad\db

Message 1160 of 1,214 (1,167 Views)