Re: Apex Legends Crash To Desktop Without Error Message

by AaronPerkele

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Definetly not hardware issue, I have AMD A10 CPU and RX480on PC, i5-8th Gen and 1050 on notebook, my friend have i5-4th gen with GTX970 and on all those same issue. This game need some fixin.

Message 41 of 55 (2,776 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
Yup. We’re just playing the waiting game until we can play the Apex game.
Message 42 of 55 (2,773 Views)

★★★ Novice

After the last hotfix (that fixed the weird exploit of instant landing or, forever into the sky glitches) game's been crashing all day long, Core i3-4160 // 24GB ddr3 1866 ram // R7 370 nitro 4gb GDDR5, windows 10. its almost a rule that between yesterday and today the game crashes almost 4 times in an hour. 

Message 43 of 55 (2,733 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Same bad_module_info error. Happens in about 1 out of 3 games, mostly as I'm loading into the map.

Running RX580 and i9 9900k. Other than in this game, my hardware stability is rock solid.

Message 44 of 55 (2,561 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Well i m using i5-7500 and GTX 1060 6GB and 8GB RAM. The games works decent but keeps freezing and crushing, which is very frustrating . Any ideas why ?

Message 45 of 55 (2,456 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
Try starting a game and while you’re in it, open task manager under the performance tab and check your GPU usage (Usuallt the last one). Is it maxed out at 100% or a reasonable %?
Message 46 of 55 (2,438 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

This is a Possible TEMPORARY Solution!

The Cause of the Crashes:

I believe I have discovered the cause of the crashes. They seem to be occurring due to GPU overload because I have been viewing MSI Afterburner and the Performance tab in Task Manager, which both show a constant 100% GPU utilization rate. With my Radeon RX580 8GB and most other users' GPUs, we should not be having this problem; especially for a game like this. This problem is occurring due to a issue with the game, and not our systems. I know Respawn is working hard and I hope they will be able to solve this in the near future.

The "Solution":

First off, this probably isn't the solution most users would like to hear, but it's all we have at the moment and it's the only thing that has worked for me after working to find a solution for 30+ hours. Also, I'm not saying this will work for everyone experiencing crashes; although, if you're getting the "bad_module_info" error message when looking at the Event Viewer, and you're GPU utilization is maxed out at a constant 100%, it most likely will. You've probably already attempted turning down your settings, or setting an fps cap, but you must do both of these simultaneously. Go to Origin, right click Apex Legends in your game library, select Game Properties, go under the Advanced Launch Options tab and type "+fps_max 60" in the Command Line Arguments text box. Now, open Apex Legends and under the Video tab in settings, turn everything down to the mid-range option. If you're already using these settings and still crashing, try lowering them even more. As I said before, you're probably not going to like this solution, especially if you have a high end GPU. Before, I could barely even play one full game per 5 games, but now I am able to play without crashing and although I might not be getting the best FPS or video quality, at least I am able to play the game. I am going to continue to do this until Respawn finds a fix, hence the header "TEMPORARY Solution." and I hope this works for anyone else having this problem.

For now, I will be marking this as the solution to this thread until a better fix is found.

Message 47 of 55 (18,233 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Hello, I found few fixes for the crashes, hope this video helps ^^

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j-dXKEb9TIk&feature=youtu.be

Message 48 of 55 (2,359 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Apprentice

Hello, I found few fixes for the crashes, hope this video helps ^^

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j-dXKEb9TIk&feature=youtu.be

Message 49 of 55 (2,358 Views)

★ Novice

Going to try both of these fixes at once, as I have tried them both but separately, I've been experiencing this issue since the game launched, sometimes I can get one or two games in with no issues, other times I'll get five minutes into a match and I'll crash with no error. Aside from dropping everything to stock clocks, I've reinstalled windows, and experienced the issue after a fresh install only running necessary drivers. I really hope this gets fixed because I want to play this game.
Specs are I9 9900k, RTX 2080, running windows 10 pro version 17763, and I'm on the most recent Nvidia drivers that are supposed to address crashing issues unrelated to my own.

Message 50 of 55 (1,615 Views)