Re: Apex Legends Controller issue PC

by ThaSmoothness

Original Post

Community Manager

@heyvision10 

Did you try starting up your PC in a Clean Boot to see if that makes any difference? If there's anything else running that might be interfering with the controller that may help get around it. 

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 21 of 27 (1,972 Views)

★★ Novice
@EA_Kent im having the exact same problems and im using a astro c40 , work with every other game i use controller for(dead cells, guilty gear strive ,overwatch all tried and test after apex stopped recognising my controller ), the only problem is apex, and yes i have run a pc clean, before you suggest it, im runnin apex trough steam i have tried it with ds4 and without and it make no difference apex has just stopped recognising my controller. do you have any idea why apex is doing this ?
Message 22 of 27 (1,793 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @zatooone1

If you're still using DS4Windows can you test something else for me?

Open the DS4Windows and click on the Settings tab at the top. Check the option that says Hide DS4 Controller. Try launching Apex Legends after that and see if it works. Let me know how that goes once you can give it a shot. Thanks!

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 23 of 27 (1,767 Views)

★ Novice
@EA_Kent Hey, I tried this suggestion and nothing changed. I am able to use my same controller (with DS4Windows) in Final Fantasy XIV and Destiny 2 with no issues.

I've tried without DS4Windows. I've tried enabling PS4 Controller support in Steam. I've tried fresh boot, nothing. Used a controller with Apex perfectly fine a couple of days ago, but suddenly it just stopped recognizing it.
Message 24 of 27 (1,648 Views)

Community Manager

Hi @ThaSmoothness

Can you share a DxDiag when you've got the chance? You can find more details on how to pull one up at the EA Help website

Once you have the text file please attach it to this thread. Thanks!

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 25 of 27 (1,633 Views)

★ Novice

Here you go, Kent. Sorry for the delay here.
I uninstalled Apex Legends and meant to re-install it, but haven't yet. I'll do it today and Rerun the DxDiag if you need. Hope this helps.

Message 26 of 27 (1,611 Views)

★ Novice

Specifically with Dualshock controllers, this is not an EA/Origin/Apex issue. When you plug in the DS4 or DS5 into Windows 10, the default audio device is switched to the controller at a system level. To fix this, you will need to go to the task bar, right click the volume icon, select sound devices and change your sound device back to the expected device.

Message 27 of 27 (1,392 Views)