Re: Apex Legends Connection to server timed out - PC

by m4a1rampage89

Original Post

Apex Legends Connection to server timed out - PC

★★★ Newbie

I've been playing Apex since the 2nd day of release and never had any problems. About two weeks ago I started to disconnect in middle of games. I get a "Connection to server timed out" error and thought it was initially on EA's end since it just randomly started happening. I started even getting the same error by just sitting in the lobby myself. I tried changing servers via the data center in game and that didn't seem to work either. Per a friends suggestion, I looked into port forwarding to maybe fix the issue but could not figure it out due to my router settings being somewhat different than every other router in existence. I have the list of ports that I need for Apex and believe that I can get this issue to work but there is a spot labeled "Local Port" and I'm not sure what to put there. A website suggested that I leave "local port" blank but that's not an option for these settings. Attached below is a snipping of the port forwarding menu for my router. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Message 1 of 14 (29,653 Views)

Community Manager

Hi, @eddy12546 

Have you tried the solution offered in this post? 

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/AMD-Server-timeout-amp-crash-fix-fx-series/td-p/7534180

If you're disconnecting or having connectivity trouble during games try checking out our help articles below that can help improve connectivity. It sounds like you already tried these but just making sure you're aware of them!

Basic Connection Troubleshooting

https://help.ea.com/en/help/faq/connection-troubleshooting-basic/

Blueberry.png
Message 2 of 14 (29,607 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Apprentice

why are you giving * solutions every time YOUR COMMPANY HAS PROBLEM? before i had a problem with anti cheat kickign me from the game, i was calling forums everyday, noone was able to help me, and everyone gave me 100 * solutions, then after that community realized that game isnt crashing on win 10 NOT YOUR SOLUTION WISE TEAM, YOU SHOULD SAY NEXT TIME, WE NEED TO FIND A SOLUTION FOR US NOT FOR YOU AND WE ARE WORKING ON IT, * solutions

Message 3 of 14 (24,758 Views)

★★ Apprentice

FIX THE GAME, DONT GIVE STUPID SOLUTIONS, everyone has this problem and our computers are fine, we do not need to change anything, YOU HAVE TO!

Message 4 of 14 (24,756 Views)

★★★ Novice

every day every game same fail. Im boring 

Message 5 of 14 (22,104 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I also face this issue since a few days and can fully understand people leaving Apex because of major issues like this one.

Message 6 of 14 (21,174 Views)

★★★★ Novice

having the same exact issues. my internet speed is crazy good. running ryzen 5 6 core with an rx570 and 16gb of ram. 

plenty enough power to run this game. last night it ran fine for like an hour, today i cant get on at all.

ridiculious.

Message 7 of 14 (21,080 Views)

★ Novice

It’s been happening for the past few weeks. My network configuration hasn’t changed, this never happened before. Something changed outside of my home maybe... I bet it is server side.

Message 8 of 14 (20,768 Views)

★ Apprentice

Its funny how this is the first time I have seen any type of engagement with the community from Devs or what ever. This has been an issue with the game since the beginning of December and yet I see nothing in their news section. in game twitter, or anything that they are aware of any issue the game right now and are looking into it and have updates about it every day or so. Have  a Dev stream once every 3 months talking about stuff only you guys want to hear or talk about. 

Message 9 of 14 (20,757 Views)

★★★★ Novice

there are so many bugs in this game, the game has crazy potential, i love playing it. but i find myself more frustrated rather than enjoying my time on. 

Message 10 of 14 (20,728 Views)