Apex Legends Can't Detect Microphone

by TomOnTheAir

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Apex Legends Can't Detect Microphone

★★★★★ Newbie

I have my microphone in Origin set to my current one. Is there another setting in-game? Because I can't find it.

Message 1 of 8 (24,215 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Apex Legends Can't Detect Microphone

★★★★★ Newbie

I had to unset and reset my microphone as the default then do the same in the Origin client. Restarted PC also. That seemed to work.

View in thread

Message 3 of 8 (24,154 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Hey @TomOnTheAir 

When you right-click on your sound icon in the bottom right of your Windows taskbar are you able to set your headphone as the default device?

If that doesn't fix it try deleting the Origin client from your PC and re-download/install the latest version here: https://www.origin.com/usa/en-us/store/download

Blueberry.png
Message 2 of 8 (24,185 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I had to unset and reset my microphone as the default then do the same in the Origin client. Restarted PC also. That seemed to work.

Message 3 of 8 (24,155 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I did multiple things:

-Open sound settings for Windows 10

-Troubleshoot underneath Input

-Uninstall Origin Client and restart computer

-Install Origin Client

Works now, thank you guys for the tips.

Message 4 of 8 (22,953 Views)

★★ Novice

Hey,(Windows 10) I had this problem just go to settings, then privacy, then microphone, after that make sure 'Allow access to microphone on this device' and 'Allow apps to access your microphone' are both set it On. After that your mic should be recognized. If you want to set your mic up then go to control panel, then speech recognition, after that click on set up microphone, choose the type of mic, and then follow the next series of steps.

Message 5 of 8 (22,137 Views)

★★★ Newbie
This was my issue. Thanks so much!
Message 6 of 8 (21,662 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I’ve done this, as well as make sure my mic is set to default in windows, reinstalled apex as well, even went as far as to reinstall all audio and input drivers yet apex receives no input. The microphone icon pops up when I push to talk or leave comms open but nothing comes through in game.

i don’t have any issues with any other game or even discord. Mic is HyperX Cloud Revolver S

Message 7 of 8 (9,244 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I’m having the same problem with the same headset I’m not sure why it won’t accept my headset when it has before someone help

Message 8 of 8 (5,354 Views)