Apex Legends Burned Graphics Nvidia 1070 8Gb Palit GameRock Edition

by Wowakias

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Apex Legends Burned Graphics Nvidia 1070 8Gb Palit GameRock Edition

★ Novice

Greetings,

While I was playing Apex Legends suddenly my graphics got all "blueish"( See Pictures).

At first I thought it was a driver malfunction but it appears that the problem persists even on the "Change Source" icons on the Monitor.

(as seen on this video I uploaded https://youtu.be/fyDHjRbxts4 )
I tried to swap the input cable from DisplayPort to HDMI with no luck.

When I swap the cable from my GPU to the Onboard MOBO GPU output there isn't any problem with the graphics, so it's not a MOBO malfunction either.

So I thought it was a faulty GPU model and requested a replacement.

Today the replacement GPU came and after playing Apex Legends for about an hour or so, it happened again but after a PC restart everything came back to normal.

Any idea what triggers the malfunction ? Is the replacement GPU i received faulty too ?

CPU: Intel i5 8600k

GPU: Palit 1070 8GB GameRock Edition

RAM: 16GB

MOBO : Z370 AORUS Ultra Gaming

PSU: Corsair VS650

Message 1 of 7 (1,347 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Apex Legends Burned Graphics Nvidia 1070 8Gb Palit GameRock Edition

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Yeah it's your monitor, this appears to be a common issue with Samsung monitors and Apex Legends specifically.

Fixing it seems to be sort of random, from turning off the dynamic contrast ratio, switching to an hdmi cable or maybe a dvi cable, lowering the refresh rate from 144 to 120, and other things. If the monitor has Samsung specific features you could try disabling them.

Try them all, maybe one at a time, then all at once, sadly I don't have a Samsung so I can't say what the exact fix is. Sorry man Frown

The silver lining is.. well.. at least your video card is ok!

Hopefully you can get it sorted out!

View in thread

Message 5 of 7 (1,295 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Apprentice

That thing, my friend, is called "artifacting" and it means either your GPU is dying or it is overheating.

This game uses TAA antialiasing, which taxes both GPU and CPU too much. I would say that, if you have it turned on in-game it is overheating your GPU to the point where it artifacts. Try cleaning and repasting your gpu and/or turning off TAA just to see if that fixes it.

Message 2 of 7 (1,313 Views)

★ Novice

I see, although my GPU+ CPU aren't overheating. CPU is on stable 40C, and GPU 65-67C MAX.

I did some testing and its actually my Monitors fault for some weird reason.

When the "artifact" happens I switched to my PS4 Input and its "burned" there too. So it has to be the monitor right ?

BUT if I turn off my monitor and then turn it on it fixes it self ...

Samsung LC24FG70QUXEN

Message 3 of 7 (1,303 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Well, that eliminates GPU. Then yes, you should consider trying another monitor. If that solves the problem, you'll know you need a new monitor.

Does your monitor have some sort of a overdrive option? Actually, turn off any enhancements like sharpening, overdrive, input lag reduce and try it that way. Maybe one of those features don't go along well with the game.

Message 4 of 7 (1,298 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Yeah it's your monitor, this appears to be a common issue with Samsung monitors and Apex Legends specifically.

Fixing it seems to be sort of random, from turning off the dynamic contrast ratio, switching to an hdmi cable or maybe a dvi cable, lowering the refresh rate from 144 to 120, and other things. If the monitor has Samsung specific features you could try disabling them.

Try them all, maybe one at a time, then all at once, sadly I don't have a Samsung so I can't say what the exact fix is. Sorry man Frown

The silver lining is.. well.. at least your video card is ok!

Hopefully you can get it sorted out!

Message 5 of 7 (1,296 Views)

★ Novice
Since lowering the RR from 144 to 120 it hasn't happened (yet).
Such a weird issue though.
Message 6 of 7 (1,279 Views)

★★ Novice

Have you found a fix to this issue because ive been having this for a while now too and ive tried everything 

Message 7 of 7 (1,049 Views)