Apex Legends Bricking PS4 Console

by MachoByrdOfWar

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Apex Legends Bricking PS4 Console

★★ Novice
  • With this new event happening. I have been having issues. Each time I would start up the game, I would see nothing on screen. No characters, no stats, no nothing. The game would then proceed with a random error page. 
  • Yesterday, March 20th, 2021, I tried to play Apex, the game froze. I restarted my ps4, and it became stuck on safe mode. I have had no issues like this on other games, besides the occasional CE-34878-0 that would fix on their own. 
  • I had to factory reset my ps4. Why would the game do this?! 
Message 1 of 5 (456 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Apex Legends Bricking PS4 Console

★★ Novice

I had to reset my ps4 to factor settings in order for it to work properly. Situation has been fixed. I will not be playing Apex anymore after this. Thank you for trying to help.

View in thread

Message 5 of 5 (392 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

@MachoByrdOfWar Not currently aware of an issue that would cause this to happen in Apex, To confirm is the game and OS on the latest updates? If so you may want to try rebuilding your PS4 Database. 

1. Turn off your console by holding the power button for three seconds. The power indicator will blink for a few moments before turning off.
  2. Once the system is off, press and hold the power button again. Release it after you hear the second beep — one beep will sound when you first press, and another seven seconds later.
  3. Connect the controller with the USB cable and press the PS button on the controller.
  4. Scroll down in the menu until you reach option 5, Rebuild Database.
  5. Press the X button to start the rebuild.

Illium.png

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Message 2 of 5 (411 Views)

★★ Novice
@EA_Illium Yes, the game was updated to the latest patch. I also tried to rebuild the database, but no luck. My system was still stuck in safe mode.
Message 3 of 5 (405 Views)

Community Manager
@MachoByrdOfWar To confirm your system starts in safe mode when turning on currently? Can you try the check for update option to see if it can progress? If not you may want to reach out to Sony Support for additional assistance.

Illium.png

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Message 4 of 5 (395 Views)

★★ Novice

I had to reset my ps4 to factor settings in order for it to work properly. Situation has been fixed. I will not be playing Apex anymore after this. Thank you for trying to help.

Message 5 of 5 (393 Views)