Apex Legends Black Screen

by Noob_Randoms

Original Post

Re: Apex Legends Black Screen

★★★ Newbie

How did u do that can u explain, my screen werent shohw everything so when ı opened the game ı changed settings to fullscreen, but then ı have to got to school and ı closed the laptop. When ı came back i tried to open it, there was music but  no pic or colour, just black.

Message 11 of 55 (14,692 Views)

★★★ Newbie

ive tried everything and it still goes black after the logos

Message 12 of 55 (14,607 Views)

★★★ Newbie

ive tried starting in windows mode and full screen it shows the logos then a loading icon for a second then goes black but the program is still responding

Message 13 of 55 (14,605 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
his worked!! finally, thanks!
Message 14 of 55 (14,468 Views)

Message 15 of 55 (14,450 Views)

★★ Novice

Hey guys, I have found a way to fix the issue, but you have to do this every time you launch, click the 'cogwheel' settings button, then click repair, and wait for it to verify/fix your files, should take less than 10 minutes. DO NOT DOWNLOAD ANY OF THESE BS "PATCH FIXES" that you'll find on google, those are obvious viruses. 
I really hope this helps all of you! 

Message 16 of 55 (14,346 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I think it has to do with their refresh rate not matching. I'm running a 144hz monitor @ 2k and can only run in windowed-fullscreen. Otherwise you have to alt-tab like 15 times until it stabilizes (it will work after ~5minutes of alt-tabbing back into the game).

Specs:

intel i5-7600k

32 gb 3200mhz RAM

AMD Vega 64 Sapphire 8gb GPU

32in 144hz 2k display Viotek

windows 10

Message 17 of 55 (14,123 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Guys i have found it i guess. Go to origin page of apex on your launcher then through the setting (gear symbol) click game properties and then advanced starting settings or something like that and you will see a box. Type ''-fullscreen'' and that will do the trick

Message 18 of 55 (13,051 Views)

Black Screen on Full Screen and Borderless Window

★★★ Newbie

When I try to launch the game in full screen or borderless window shortly after the game starts the screen will go completely black. I can launch the game in windowed and it works fine. I'm on a 144hz monitor and if I switch back down to 60hz both full screen and borderless window work fine. Also, If i change my resolution down from 1920x1080 to a lower setting I can get it to work but the game obviously won't fill the screen. 

Any idea how to fix this to be able to play in 144hz on either of these settings?

Message 19 of 55 (12,760 Views)

Community Manager

@xdGASAIYUNO wrote:

Guys i have found it i guess. Go to origin page of apex on your launcher then through the setting (gear symbol) click game properties and then advanced starting settings or something like that and you will see a box. Type ''-fullscreen'' and that will do the trick

@Kizzar21 

Does the suggestion above fix the black screen issue for you?

Blueberry.png
Message 20 of 55 (12,748 Views)