Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Apex Legends - Black Screen on Launch (PC)

by zeta_zasha

Original Post

Re: Apex Legends - Black Screen on Launch (PC)

★★★ Guide
have you tried disable intel hd graphics in bios?
Message 21 of 35 (2,271 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

It's not just an AMD problem. I have this issue on an Nvidia gtx 1080ti. The only thing that solves it is restarting my computer but if I sleep it and then wake it the black screen comes back .

Message 22 of 35 (1,633 Views)

★★★★ Novice

This game is laggy, and * has black screen problem( i also have it). Tried everything nothing helped. The game is good but i guess they * dont care about bugs, since they are drunk with their success. just delete play sth else )

Message 23 of 35 (1,591 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I cant cant force close it just force shut down my comp. Could u solve the problem?

Message 24 of 35 (1,568 Views)

★★★★ Novice
Exactly the same for me on a GTX 1070 and a Mac Pro from 2010 with Intel Xeon processors. The game works fine to launch unless the computer has been sleeping which makes the game stuck at launch with a back screen and the Nvidia overlay info at the top right corner. At this stage I can't switch to any other running app/window nor can I close the game using the Task Manager. Only thing that works to get back control of the computer is to press ctrl-alt delete and click "Sign Out". Was hoping for a fix in the recently released patch for the game, but no. Frown
Message 25 of 35 (1,491 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Thanks bro

Message 26 of 35 (1,481 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Not really, it depends a lot, I git a fresh r5 2600, with an r9 290, you know what they recommended and my game crashes but my friend also all amd r3 1300x and rx 560 not a problem in sight so it is from case to case.

Message 27 of 35 (1,443 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

@skyrimjobI take it you have tried to uninstall and re-install the Nvidia drivers? I have the same problem...

Message 28 of 35 (1,367 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@arslancharyyevFor me it helps if I press ctrl-alt-del and click "Sign Out", see if that work for you so you don't have to force shut down the computer.

Message 29 of 35 (1,365 Views)

★★★★ Newbie

Remove launch settings

Message 30 of 35 (1,268 Views)

fifa-20-promo-splash

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help