Apex Legends Audio Delay

by Shxrp

Original Post

Apex Legends Audio Delay

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Hello, so currently the issue I am having is that my game often has audio delays that can vary from a like 3-10+ seconds. Sometimes the audio doesn't even play at all or it even cuts-off, especially when using legends' abilities. I have tried verifying the cache for Steam, along with re-installing Apex on both Steam and Origin. The audio delay has been there ever since the prowler-nerf was live(I've been putting up with it since). Any help is appreciated, thank you!

Message 1 of 32 (4,650 Views)

Re: Apex Legends Audio Delay

Community Manager

Hey @Shxrp

Have you tried starting up your PC in a Clean Boot to test and see if that makes any difference? If there's something else running that could be causing the audio issues that might help to narrow it down. 

You can find more info on how to set up a Clean Boot over at the EA Help website. Once you're able to give it a shot let me know how it goes. Thanks! 

Kent.png
Message 2 of 32 (4,610 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Hello, thank you for reaching out! So after running the Clean Boot test, my game was running fine. However, I could not isolate a program(while following the steps provided) that was causing the audio delay. I then tried the clean boot again and I noticed the audio delay was still present.

Edit: I did notice twice now that while it was loading the anti-cheat, sometimes it paused and gave me a pop-up (I forgot what it asked). When I accepted it, I noticed in the firing range that I did not have any audio issues. I was only able to replicate it twice (once when I first ran the clean boot, and second time randomly when i re-enabled all my start up programs). I am not sure if it was relevant but it might be useful information. Thank you again in advance!

Message 3 of 32 (4,588 Views)

Community Manager

@Shxrp 

Thanks for following up!

It could be an issue with Easy Anti-Cheat. When you've got the chance can you try repairing or reinstalling it to test and see if that helps? 

You can find more info on how to do that over at the Easy Anti-Cheat website. Let me know how that goes once you've had the chance to give it a try. Thanks again. 

Kent.png
Message 4 of 32 (4,546 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Hello again, so after repairing the anti-cheat, I noticed that there wasn't any audio delay when I entered the firing range and even after playing a game. However when I entered ranked (the 2nd game), the audio delay was back along with very pixelated models. I also noticed my game freezing at times and when it unfreezes, my ping is very high for that instance before going back to normal.

Message 5 of 32 (4,533 Views)

Community Manager

@Shxrp 

Thank you for following up!

Have you been keeping an eye on your hardware temperatures while Apex Legends is running? Does it seem like your CPU or GPU are running hot? 

Kent.png
Message 6 of 32 (4,476 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I haven't paid too close attention to the temperature, but I have been paying attention to the %usage of CPU and GPU when running apex. I haven't noticed anything out of the ordinary though, because apex is the only game that this really happens in. I'll check the temperature when I get the chance. Is the issue probably related to hardware then since the clean boot didn't really work?

Message 7 of 32 (4,470 Views)

Community Manager

@Shxrp 

I was mainly curious if there was any hardware throttling that might be causing the issues. I've seen some cases in the past where high temperatures can cause issues like this because the CPU or GPU is throttling itself to try and prevent overheating. 

Kent.png
Message 8 of 32 (4,432 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Okay so after checking out my temps, it looks like my GPU hovers around 80 degrees celsius, and it can go up to 98-99% utilization. The CPU I can't really check the temperature, but the highest I have seen it hover is around 50%.

Message 9 of 32 (4,422 Views)

Community Manager

@Shxrp 

Thanks for following up!

80 degrees C should be OK. Maybe a little warm, but that's still within the temperature range for most GPUs. 

I am curious about something else. What happens if you log into Windows with a different admin user and use that to launch Apex Legends? If you need more info on how to create a new admin user check out the Microsoft Support website. Once you've had the chance to give that a shot please let me know if you're still seeing any audio or other performance issues. Thanks again!

Kent.png
Message 10 of 32 (4,402 Views)