Re: Apex Legends: 100% CPU and GPU usage | Season6

by Yoo_Shockmen

Original Post

Apex Legends: 100% CPU and GPU usage | Season6

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Hello,

just like many other users so do I suffer from high CPU and GPU usage.

During Gameplay on public servers, my usage percentage raise to 100% CPU and GPU

System overview:

• Intel Core i5-8600K (overclocked to 4.2GHz)
  • Nvidia GTX 1070 (ASUS version)
  • 16GB DDR4 Ram (2600 MHz)
  • Thermaltake Watercooling
  • OS on a Samsung 970 EVO Plus M.2

I tried various methods to solve that issue. I read most of the topics about this kind of problem here but there was still no solving answer.

Things I tried: 

• Updated every single component on my System
  • Reinstalled the game multiple times
  • Used a clean start (almost no additional on startup programs)
  • Changed Configuration Settings In-Game
  • Changed Configuration in Nvidia System Controlpanel
  • Reduced clock rate of the CPU (which is an i5-8600K [Clocked at 4.2GHz now])

Message 1 of 35 (45,934 Views)

Community Manager

Hi @OwerGrowen

Could you try the recommended workaround from @Zeelmaekers TS guide (see here) for this issue: 

@Zeelmaekers wrote:

Apex Freezing and showing 100% CPU usage in Task Manager.

Players are experiencing Apex Legends freezing and noticing Apex Legends is utilizing 100% of the CPU.
This issue looks only to be related so certain CPUs (I5-I7-I9) and some Ryzen Processors.

Recommended Workaround: 
Launch Apex Legends and alt-tab out to the game.
Open task manager, find Apex Legends, right-click and select Go to details.
Select r5Apex.exe and right-click and click set Affinity, uncheck <all processors> and check only 4 cores or less.

If you still experiencing this issue, try to set usable cores to 4 or less.
This issue was fixed by a patch, this workaround might not work for new issues
Apex Legends Dev Tracker - PC game hangs with 100% CPU usage 

Thanks, 

EA_Lanna

Lanna.png____________________________________________________________

*Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
*Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
*XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Please only DM me if I've asked you to, or in the case of highly sensitive content. General questions/issues/topics are best shared on the forum where others can take part/benefit from the responses/solutions/workarounds

Message 2 of 35 (45,891 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@EA_Lanna And what about... fix the problem when you did this with last update instead let players trying to fix it by themself... After last update all of my friends got this problems... all of them... me neither. So just fix the game. you already ruined game enought with bugs so atleast you could get fast repair...
Message 3 of 35 (39,678 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@EA_Lanna I wanted to set 4 cores , and it says ,,acess denied,, , same trying to set priority

Message 4 of 35 (39,405 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

I have same problem i5 9400f 1660 super 16gb ram 100% cpu and 100% gpu any solution?

Message 5 of 35 (39,155 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

DO NOT LISTEN TO LANA!!! SHE HAS NO CLUE WHAT SHES DOING OR TALKING ABOUT        LANA! REALLY?!?!?! Half the damn player base has 100% CPU usage since the update.... and you are telling people to mess with their CPU cores as a fix?!?!?!?!? ARE YOU SERIOUS?!?!? WHY DONT YOU TELL THE DEVS TO FIX THE GOD DAMN ISSUE, WE SPEND SO MUCH MONEY ON THIS GAME.. THIS IS GETTING BAD, UR GONNA CATCH A LAWSDUIT FOR FRYING PPLS CPU'S

Message 6 of 35 (39,047 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

im start to thinking about what if EA  or respawn or ....  are mining with our setups ??(LOL)??  cus there is no other way left to use for solving this * problem /// it started happening for me  me since this genesis event update and every time i tried to play i had my cpu and gpu on max temp and usage ///  can not even imagine how many swears i received  from other players who played with me / they have right but i cant left playing this game after spending lots of  money and tons of time on it /// and yes i tried every thing that was showed on the internet topics and videos  // reinstalling windows / game / steam / trying it on origin /// set max fps and...... elc   

Message 7 of 35 (38,976 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

@EA_Lanna

This does not fix the issue, and I'm honestly amazed to see this coming from a community manager.

Yes, it won't show 100% CPU usage in task manager anymore. Why? Because you just disabled half of your CPU, not because this is a 'fix'. To anyone reading this, please don't be fooled.

If you have eight cores and you disable 4 of them, you now have 50% of your CPU available to Apex, so if you have 50% of your CPU available, and Apex is using 50%, do the math...Apex is still using 100% of what is available to it. 

Message 8 of 35 (38,855 Views)
Highlighted

★ Apprentice

This is ridiculous,you guys should launch the update as soon as possible. 

Message 9 of 35 (38,713 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I'm having this issue despite trying various fixes 
This only happened as of the recent update as well. 
Would appreciate a fix ASAP 
Thanks

Message 10 of 35 (38,344 Views)